This article is about the currency. For the former pick-up, see Gem (Removed Pick-Up).
The Gem is a type of currency introduced in the 9.0.0 update as a premium currency.
It appears to be a shaded blue and pixelated gem.
Gems are used for buying gadgets, accessories, and most mythical weapons. It can also be used to upgrade weapons to a player's current Level instantly, instead of upgrading it one-by-one with . If a weapon is at a players current level, they can use gems to upgrade it to the next quality. 100 gems for epic, 300 gems for legendary, and 900 gems for mythical.
Gems can be spent on:
- All accessories, except for Hats, the Maniac Mask, the Ninja Tabi, and the Cape Editor.
- A few weapons.
- Some gadgets.
- The Lucky Chest.
- Leveling up pets to level 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- Some Craft Items (Buildings, Devices etc.), especially if it gives a player a tremendous buff.
- Speeding up the building time and the upgrading time of craft items and weapons, respectively.
- Some Minigame Items (Ex. extra checkpoints).
- Upgrading weapons to the current player level.
- Clan offers.
When you kill someone you can be lucky and they drop 1 gem when they die. This rarely happens unless you have crafted something like the Great Trees in the lobby in craft it increases your chance of gem drop from other players.
One can obtain a certain amount of gems by purchasing them via in-app purchase. If you want to earn gems without buying, here are all of the methods below.
- In the 9.0.0 update, as known as the update where the gems were introduced, they can be obtained (without buying) by leveling up (you earn a certain amount of gems depending on your current level) and by the Bonus Marathon (which is currently the Lucky Chest).
- As of the 10.1.0 update, players can earn 10 each by logging in on Facebook and/or Twitter, a free gun called the Social Uzi, and a skin called Social Hero. They earn 10 by each connection, making a maximum of 20 obtainable via social media connections.
- As of the 10.5.0 update, the advertisement-based free were replaced by , so watching the advertisements will give players at least 3 each, much like the old counterparts.
- As of the 10.5.0 update, secret Campaign were introduced into Pixel Gun 3D. Instead of just finding in Campaign, players can also find .
- In the 10.6.0 update, in multiplayer, there is a 1% chance of a victim dropping a . However, anyone can pick it up, so obtain it before someone else does. Also, watch out for Fake Bonuses.
- In the 11.2.0 update, players can get 50 after reaching the Champion League if they are in the top 100 players in the weekly Tournament, making collecting way easier, especially if they are very active in Pixel Gun 3D.
- As of the 10.2.0 update, the Lucky Chest, which was actually called the "Gift Box" at that time, was another way to earn . You usually earn, etc. but sometimes, 3, 5, 10 or even 50 can be obtained.
- In the 12.0.0 update, it is now possible to obtain 1 per day, using the Driller device.
- The Fake Bonus is a gem with a planted C4 on one of the sides.
- Watching ads now give 10 gems.
- It was obtainable in Black Market but they no longer appear.
- The time between ads have been decreased as well.
- You can get large amounts of from participating in the Clan War; up to 100 .
- You will get less coming first in lower leagues.
- As of the 21.4.0 update, Gems can be obtained from Veteran Chests.
The ongoing rate is roughly 27-36 gems for a dollar, with the larger packages having slightly better rates. See more in In-App Purchases.
- In Dangerous Roads, there is a market stand full of gems on the blue team's side.
- As of the 10.5.0 update, when obtaining a , the sounds effect has been modified, making it not sounding the same as the 's sound effect.
- In Mining Camp, on the team 1's side, there are two caverns that are used for mining gems.
- However, these the gems are for the background.
- It's possibly a reference that half of the weapons in Pixel Gun 3D cost gems.
- In the 11.1.0 update, the dropped gem has changed its texture to a new one. But then in the 11.2.0 update, it changed back to the old texture due to the fact that players were seeing a difference between a dropped gem and a Fake Bonus.
- In the 12.5.0 update, the gem multiplier was modified, but this has been reverted in the 12.5.1 update due to immense criticism by the playerbase for not listening to their views on the game.
- In the 17.6.0 update, on Pixel Gun 3D's 7th anniversary, every player received 100 gems as a gift for the celebration.
- On 14/04/2021, there was a bug where if you picked up a gem, you would get hundreds, even thousands of gems. This was patched minutes later and the people who got the gems got rolled back.
- Gems at this moment in time are pretty much the main currency of the game.
|Pixel Gun 3D
Pixel Gun World
|Pixel Gun 3D
Pixel Gun World