|“||A good doctor is the one who helps everyone. The best doctor is the one who can help himself.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Good Doctor is a community-created Special weapon introduced in the 13.5.0 update. This weapon was created by Charles López.
It is a needle launcher that shoots needles that unlike the Bad Doctor, affects the user than the target. This weapon deals a decent amount of damage, a rather fast rate of fire, an average capacity, and average mobility. The and bleeding attributes give this weapon extra points on the utility side, making it perfect for weakening or finishing off enemies.
It is a reskinned version of the Bad Doctor.
It has a metallic frame, seemingly a pneumatic crossbow-like weapon exception with a magazine of syringes. It has a red and white scheme with light blue liquid in the syringes. It has a red/white pistol grip stock, a white holographic sight at the front of the weapon, and a syringe protruding at the front. Near the syringe magazine, it states "GD" in red, which is the short term for the weapon itself (Good Doctor).
This weapon shoots red and cyan needles that are emitted from its nozzle. These needles have a medium bullet travel time and can perform best at close range. These needles can pierce through multiple players and can give them the bleeding effect as well, making them temporarily lose extra health. Moreover, when the opponent doesn't have a full health bar, this weapon can fill their health bar once it shoots an enemy, due to the fact that this weapon has a attribute. Finally, it also has a 2x zoom optic sight which allows the player to shoot at an opponent more accurately.
When reloading, the player takes out the clip containing syringes and puts a spare clip. It has no delay mechanics.
- Use this weapon similar to the Bad Doctor.
- Aim for the head to deal more damage.
- To conserve ammo, engage the users at close ranges.
- Note that this weapon also has travel time, so use it in a short to medium range.
- Since this weapon has the attribute, try attacking someone when you are at low health.
- Try attacking from a distance, since this weapon does not perform very well at long-ranges.
- High DPS or High fire rate weapons should be able to take these users out fairly easy.
Try having a weapon that is decently good at long-ranges. Sniper weapons would be ideal but also try keeping a weapon with either a fast reload or a high ammo capacity, just in case this weapon runs out of ammo.
- Initial release.
- Originally, this weapon is supposed to be able to heal your teammates. However, that feature never made it past beta. It was probably removed due to balancing reasons. As a result, the name sounds quite self-contradictory since the word "good" should be attributed to the (initially scrapped) healing ability for teammates. That attribute would later be realized with the Healing Staff and Witch Doctor in the 16.4.0 update.
- It originally had a non-functional scope when it was first released. However, this was later fixed.
- The "Good Doctor" is the opposite of the Bad Doctor
- This, along with Multitaskers, the Soul Thief and the Last Hope are 3018 weapon contest winners.
- The number needles on the magazine remains unchanged and are clearly visible when the screen shows that the weapon has run out of ammo.