The Gorgon Head is a Special weapon introduced in the 17.8.0 update.
It is a Greek mythology themed Special weapon introduced in the Olympus update. It deals OK damage with slight AoE, and has medium bullet travel. It appears to be a reskin of the Necklace of the Ice King.
The Gorgon Head resembles the head of Medusa, a Greek Mythological monster that has snake for hair and turns anyone who looks at her into stone.
The player hold this weapon similar on how the player holds Necklace of the Ice King. It shoots light green bullets with medium bullet travel that slows and pierces through enemies. This weapon is a 3 shot to Silver and Gold Clan armor and turns the enemy into a stone when killed with this weapon. It only has 1 capacity so it doesn't need reloading.
This weapon has the damage reflection attribute, as it somewhat resembles the power of Medusa turning her victims into stone. It is actually good and deals 66% of damage to enemies when they shoot you, but it has a 20~30% chance to reflect the damage.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Gorgon Head will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
- As this weapon has bullet travel, attacking moving targets may be difficult. So take time to aim
- It also has a small area damage, so you can aim near the player's feet to damage them.
- Utilize the "slows the target" effect and switch to a sniper to finish them off.
- Do not shoot too close to the walls because this weapon has self damage.
- Strafe around the user as the bullets have travel time, and stay away from crowds of players, where you may be targeted.
- Eliminate the user with medium-long range weapons such as Assault Rifles and Snipers.
- Use a 85+ mobility melee to dodge the shots.
- Bring a powerful and high mobility Sniper with you as its bullets have travel time and the mobility is very low or switch to a high mobility Melee like the Dark Force Saber or the Combat Yo-Yo to move faster.
- Initial release.
- This weapon got its damage increased by 10% (July 6, 2020)
- It is held similarly to the way Necklace of the Ice King is held
- Despite that, it cannot be used for 3 Category Spam unlike the Necklace of the Ice King.
- It is the first weapon to have the Damage Reflection attribute.
- This weapon is the first weapon to have a kill effect that turns the enemy to stone.