|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is Pixel Gun 3D or Pixel Gun World content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
- This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Grenade Launcher (PGW).
|“||Meet the Grandfather of all RPGs - GL-7. Some soldiers still use this single-shot relict. It has a competitively good reload speed and range.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Grenade Launcher is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 5.3.0 update.
It is a simple gun that launches a looping grenade. It has a good (depending on the level) damage, a decent rate of fire, a very low capacity, and decent mobility.
It has a wooden shoulder stock and base, with a metal barrel. It has a non-functional standard iron sight.
This weapon shoots an explosive grenade with a medium-sized explosion on impact. This grenade is shot in a looping shot, which means it is shot in an arc trajectory.
When reloading, the player opens the barrel, takes out the used grenade, inserts a new grenade and closes the barrel. It has no delay mechanics.
- When firing, the grenade is shot in an arc, so aim high above the enemy's head when firing at medium to long-range.
- Use it against a cluster of enemies to take advantage of its area damage.
- Pair this with the Singular Grenade for even better results.
- You can use this weapon to Rocket Jump, however, it is not recommended due to the low ammo capacity and self damage.
- Upgrade its grade to Legendary or Mythical (if lvl 65, as recommended) to fool your enemies into thinking that you are using outclassed weapons.
- Make your shots count and be effective as they can as there aren't very many grenades it can hold.
- It is ideal for mowing down heavily-armored enemies. The more enemies, the better.
- Aim at the ground near the enemy to ensure that it will hit them unless they tend to jump and move a lot.
- Due to the low damage, it is recommended to use this in the lowest bracket, unless it is a higher leveled weapon (such as it being a level 55 weapon, for example).
- Do not let its ordinary looks and very low price fool you, as you can dish out enemies with this weapon if you use it correctly. Moreover, upgrade it to Legendary so you will trick the enemies into thinking you are invulnerable.
- Pickoff its users from long ranges.
- Move around the user to avoid getting inside the blast radius.
- Rocket jump to a decent sniping spot with a roof because this weapon is heavily affected by gravity.
- Attack its users from behind.
Have an alternative weapon that you can use to defend yourself once the weapon has been used.
- The Grenade Launcher is added into the game.
- This weapon was formerly the first form of the Firestorm G2 (removed), however, as of this update, they were separated and made into individual weapons.
- The Grenade Launcher is removed from the Lucky Chest.
- Upgrades get added for this weapon.
- It is based on the real world M79 grenade launcher.
- This, the Apocalypse (and its upgrades), the Signal Pistol, the Firestarter, bows, spells, and the Easter Bazooka (and its upgrades) are the only weapons that have a capacity of 1. The Ghost Lantern and the Laser Spear also technically have 1 capacity, despite their stats.
- If fully-maxed (being level 65), it takes two or three shots to kill a fully-armored enemy.
- Like the Firestarter the reload and firing sound is similar to the M203 under-barrel grenade launcher sound in Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and 3.
- In the gallery description, it claims that the Grenade Launcher is the "grandfather of all RPGs", despite the weapon not using rocket-propelled grenades.
- This weapon's grade was changed from Common to Rare in the current Upgrade System, however, players who still have it in Common will not have the ability to max it to Mythical.