|“||Stumping Christmas Trees is bad! That is why we have covered this axe with garland and put some gifts below it! Seems crazy!||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Happy Tree Slayer is a Melee weapon introduced in 4.4.0 update.
It is a Christmas-themed axe that deals damage in close range. It does mediocre damage with moderately-high attack speed and decent mobility.
It seems to be a standard red hatchet, with red, green and blue Christmas lights wrapped around its handle.
This weapon, when swung, deals damage to the opponent, but only in close range. It has no other attribute that makes its performance special, other than the melee attribute.
- Attack targets from behind.
- Surprise attack opponents from behind barriers such as walls or corners.
- Try to stay away from open areas where enemies may be able to attack you with ranged weapons.
- Aim for the head for maximum damage.
- Follow your enemy and attack when they stop walking.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Shotguns quickly dispatch its users.
Have a weapon that can be used in ranges longer than Melee
- An automatic Primary such as the Secret Forces Rifle
- An accurate Sniper, preferably with scope, such as the Anti-Champion Rifle
- A powerful Heavy such as the Rocket Launcher or Apocalypse
- Initial release.
- This weapon was removed for unknown reasons.
- This weapons has been disguised, opposing player's screens, when killed by this weapon, will see the Warrior Axe instead of this weapon.
- It was temporarily brought back, only being available in the Event Chest.
- This weapon became available for a limited time in the Trader's Van
- It was temporarily brought back once again, only being available in the Event Chest. Before this, it was disguised as the Fire Demon.
- Oddly, if you hold this axe, your hands often appear somewhat darker.
- This weapon is possibly inspired by the game "Team Fortress 2" in which every Christmas time they release a "festive" weapon for each class. Festive weapons are similar to regular weapons, but have Christmas lights on them.
- Its name could be a reference to the flash cartoon series, Happy Tree Friends, released in 1999.
- Its name is a reference to the animated series Happy Tree Friends, which consists of a juxtaposition of cute animals combined with graphic violence.
- Its successor was added in the 15.7.0 update.