|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
The weapon is a remodel of the Heavy Sniper Rifle, but with an overall purple look, but around the same performance of shooting regular and lethal bullets. It has good damage, a decent fire rate, a decent capacity and low mobility.
The weapon features a skin with various shades of purple. On top of the weapon exists the 8x scope with two laser sights that serves no purpose in the game as it is a cosmetic item. Under the handguard comes with the bipod that is purely cosmetic. On top of the hand guard in question, the handle grip is attached. At the end of the long barrel, it consists of a large purple muzzle brake.
The weapon is held by both of the player's hands. When shooting, the gun will recoil backward and the player cycles the bolt handle to load the next bullet in the chamber. On the top of the gun is where the 8x scope sits, its lens are colored red and it has two laser sights that serve no purpose.
The gun shoots .50 caliber bullets at a moderate rate which have instant travel time. Each magazine holds 7 bullets, and when spawning, the player is given two more magazines (total of 21).
When reloading, the player takes out the magazine, inserts another one, then cycles the bolt handle. This weapon inputs (gives) delay from output Delay weapons such as the Viking and Thunderer. It itself doesn't receive delay.
It was nerfed at the mythical tier, but if you bought it from the bundle at legendary, the damage still deals the old, high damage.
- Aiming for the head can maximize the damage.
- It has a X-Ray vision. You can use it to detect hidden enemies easier.
- Its 8x scope makes it a devastating weapon in long ranges, if used well.
- It is a one/two-shot kill so you have to aim very well to benefit from this feature.
- Useful for targeting Jetpack users, if you master this skill very well.
- Keep moving while sniping since being stationary will make you vulnerable to counterattacks.
- Use this weapon in long range maps to maximize the use of its 8x scope, for example Heaven Garden.
- Switch to a high mobility weapon if you wish to flee in a hurry.
- If locked in a sniper fight, take time to aim with this weapon.
- This weapon can be used well for Three Category Spam, as it only has Output Delay.
- Use the Steel Hands module combination for zero recoil and better accuracy.
- Hide behind solid objects since it cannot pierce through walls.
- Don't try to hide, because the player will be able detect you with the X-Ray vision. Moreover, even if you hide, try running and strafing constantly.
- Attack its users while they are reloading or is attacking someone else.
- Engage its users in close range. Be aware of experienced users though, for they can kill you regardless of any range.
- Area Damage weapons can destroy its users easily.
- Overpower its users with fast fire rate weapons.
- Experienced users can easily no-scope with this weapon, so strafing is recommended.
- Fully automatic weapons can easily punish the sniper if they missed.
- Upgrade your Heavy Sniper Rifle to mythical as it will basically perform the same.
- Equip a fast firing Primary (e.g. Future Police Rifle, or any minigun)/Backup (e.g. Project 'Rapid Flock' or Dual Machine Guns/Emperor's Servants) to finish off a weakened opponent.
- Initial release.
- The weapon got released in the Trader's Van, along with a new appearance.
- Its damage was reduced by 15%.
- It is one of the Sniper weapons that are based on the Barrett M82 anti-material rifle.
- This weapon is only obtainable in the armory for players with lower EXP levels.
- Like all weapons with bipod and the special looking scope, the attachments are only used for cosmetics.
- This weapon and the Heavy Sniper Rifle share the same firing sound. However if you listen to both very carefully you will notice that this weapon has a longer and higher pitch firing sound than the Heavy Sniper Rifle.
- A visual glitch caused all the grey in this weapon to be a shiny purple. The developers would have patched it but the community said it looked much better, so it wasn't changed back. This is also the same with the Advanced Scout Rifle, Manual Inferno, Headhunter Pistols and the Offensive Rocket System.
- Its kill icon was not changed, however. However, at a later time, the kill icons were changed too.
- Despite being a craft weapon, it is not viewable in the gallery and is shown as a ? similarly to unobtainable weapons.
- This weapon, Manual Inferno, Advanced Scout Rifle and Offensive Rocket System are all removed from the Craft section. Their set was removed from the set section too.
- This weapon along with the Advanced Arsenal Set came out in the Trader's Van for 405 each weapon on August 15, 2020. Despite being available, the weapons cannot be purchased with coupons.
- They were also brought back and viewable in the Craft section.
- This, the Brutal Headhunter, the Elephant Hunter, the Heavy Sniper Rifle and the Overseer are technically "anti-material rifles" and not sniper rifles.
- The sniper's grade was changed from Mythical to legendary, but players who bought it via Trader's Van kept it at Mythical.
- Despite being an exact reskin of Heavy Sniper Rifle, there is a very small difference. The difference is that in Harsh Punisher, the bipod is spread out more than in Heavy Sniper Rifle which are close together and are more floppable upon firing.
- This weapon's theme somewhat resembles the Digital Sunrise.