The Harsh Punisher is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 17.7.0 update. It is part of the Advanced Arsenal set. It is obtainable at level 3 for 6$ US.
The weapon is a remodel of the Heavy Sniper Rifle, but with an overall purple look, but around the same performance of shooting regular and lethal bullets. It has good damage, a decent fire rate, a decent capacity and low mobility.
The weapon features a skin with various shades of grey. On top of the weapon exists the 8x scope with two laser sights that serves no purpose in the game as it is a cosmetic item. Under the handguard comes with the bipod that is purely cosmetic. On top of the hand guard in question, the handle grip is attached. At the end of the long barrel, it consists of a large muzzle brake.
The weapon is held by both of the player's hands. When shooting, the gun will recoil backward and the player cycles the bolt handle to load the next bullet in the chamber. On the top of the gun is where the 8x scope sits, its lens are colored red and it has two laser sights that serve no purpose.
The gun shoots .50 caliber bullets at a moderate rate which have instant travel time. Each magazine holds 7 bullets, and when spawning, the player is given two more magazines (total of 21). The sniper rifle has the Piercing Shot attribute, which is fitting for such an ammo type.
When reloading, the player takes out the magazine, inserts another one, then cycles the bolt handle. This weapon outputs delay to certain weapons such as Laser Cycler and Thunderer. It itself doesn't receive delay (Just like heavy sniper).
- Aiming for the head can maximize the damage.
- The Piercing Shot attribute allows you to take down multiple enemies (in linear position) at once.
- It has a X-Ray vision. You can use it to detect hidden enemies easier.
- Its 8x scope makes it a devastating weapon in long ranges, if used well.
- It is a one/two-shot kill so you have to aim very well to benefit from this feature.
- Useful for targeting Jetpack users, if you master this skill very well.
- Keep moving while sniping since being stationary will make you vulnerable to counterattacks.
- Use this weapon in long range maps to maximize the use of its 8x scope, for example Heaven Garden.
- Switch to a high mobility weapon if you wish to flee in a hurry.
- If locked in a sniper fight, take time to aim with this weapon.
- This weapon can be used well for Three Category Spam, as it only has input delay (Just Like heavy Sniper).
- Use the Steel Hands module combination for zero recoil and better accuracy.
- Hide behind solid objects since it cannot pierce through walls.
- Don't try to hide, because the player will be able detect you with the X-Ray vision. Moreover, even if you hide, try running and strafing constantly.
- Attack its users while they are reloading or is attacking someone else.
- Engage its users in close range. Be aware of experienced users though, for they can kill you regardless of any range.
- Area Damage weapons can destroy its users easily.
- Do not engage in groups its users in a linear fashion, due to the Piercing Shot attribute.
- Overpower its users with fast fire rate weapons.
- Experienced users can easily no-scope with this weapon, so strafing is recommended.
- Fully automatic weapons can easily punish the sniper if they missed.
- Upgrade your Heavy Sniper Rifle to mythical as it will basically perform the same.
- Since this is a Piercing Shot weapon, pair it up with others Piercing Shot weapons to create the perfect synergy.
- Equip a fast firing Primary (e.g. Future Police Rifle, or any minigun)/Backup (e.g. Project 'Rapid Flock' or Dual Machine Guns/Emperor's Servants) to finish off a weakened opponent.
- Initial release.
- It is one of the Sniper weapons that is based on the Barrett M82 anti-materiel rifle.
- This weapon is only obtainable in the armoury for players with lower EXP levels.
- Like all weapons with bipod and the special looking scope, the attachments are only used for cosmetics.
- This weapon and the Heavy Sniper Rifle share the same firing noise.
- For an unknown reason, the color of the skin was changed to purple. This is also the same with the Advanced Scout Rifle, Manual Inferno, Headhunter Pistols and the Offensive Rocket System.
- Its kill icon was not changed however
- However at a later time the kill icons were changed too
- Despite being a craft weapon, it is unviewable in the gallery and is shown as a ? similarly to unobtainable weapons
- This weapon, Manual Inferno, Advanced Scout Rifle and Offensive Rocket System is removed from the Craft section. Their set was removed from the set section too.