|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is Pixel Gun 3D or Pixel Gun World content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D content. If you are looking for the same content in Pixel Gun World, see Headshot (PGW).
Headshots are a game mechanic which occurs when a player's head hitbox is hit with another player's attack, increasing the Efficiency Per Shot significantly. This is a very common game mechanic for FPS games.
It is hard to notice at first, however, the damaged player will emit a skull particle when someone lands a headshot.
Also, if a player is killed by a headshot, their killer will get the red, headshot killstreak and receives 30 additional points.
- Monsters can receive headshots as of the 10.0.7 update and above.
- Previously, melee weapons weren't able to do headshots.
- In some devices, the headshot particles were removed from the game , as to address the performance issue.
- Opponents won't simply die on a headshot. They can survive numerous headshots if the damage came from lower tier weapons or if they have armor. They won't if the weapon fired at them has really high damage output or ran out of health due to numerous headshots.
- Most Area Damage weapons cannot do headshots. As they are relying on splash damage other than accuracy.
- In the current version, some weapons that cannot deal headshot now has the ability to do so.
- In most FPS games, headshots have a small hitbox, but in Pixel Gun 3D, the hitbox is rather large. Possibly due to the characters' head size.
- Headshot Efficiency multiplier varies weapon by weapon, but the majority range from 1.3x to 1.5x multiplier.