|“||A stick of help. Helps your allies, doesn't help your enemies.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Healing Staff is a Melee weapon introduced in the 16.4.0 update. It can be obtained from the Trader's Van.
It is a melee weapon that attacks enemies in close range and heals teammates in close range with area damage. It has good damage, a slow fire rate, and decent mobility. It is mostly a 2-3 swings kill anywhere within its area damage.
The Healing Staff has a grey/black body with a green light hologram at the top resembling a medical cross symbol. In the bottom, there appears to be a yellow energy cell. It has a brown handle at the side
When the staff is used, it will create a healing radius that will heal all teammates inside of it.
The player swings this weapon to emit a green radius in which medical crosses and other symbols come out of it in close range only. Enemies in this radius take damage while teammates in this radius are healed by it.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Healing Staff will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
- Unlike most weapons, it's more suitable as a utility weapon than an offensive weapon. However, this weapon also deals very high damage.
- It is useful for countering other melee users.
- It is possible to stay near (a) teammate(s) and spam the staff to make the teammate(s) virtually invulnerable.
- Stay close to allies with this weapon.
- If you are using this weapon, stay close to other players.
- This weapon is very useful if one has a coordinated team. This is especially useful in game modes such as Raid and Siege.
- If you want to become the Medic, then it's recommended to keep close to the team.
- Make sure you protect the Medic since he/she can keep the team alive longer.
- Pair this weapon with the module combination of Vampirism for the best effect.
- Do not use this weapon in Duel, as it will not heal anyone.
- Use this with someone with a Sly Wolf in Team Fight (PG3D) to heal them while they have the shield to protect you.
- You can pick off the user at a long-range.
- In a non-melee only close-range fight, shotguns can easily beat its users.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can counter users at close range.
- Avoid getting too close to the user, keep your distance while attacking them.
- Flank around the user and use a high damaging weapon to kill them quickly.
- If the enemy team has a designated healer, target the Medic first.
- Use high-damaging weapons such as the Circus Cannon to neutralize the teammate-healing ability.
- In non-melee maps, use ranged weapons while keeping your distance far.
- Every attack with this weapon heals your allies health by about 1/3.
- A fast firing Primary Weapon.
- A sniper rifle for long-range combat.
- Initial release.
- It was nerfed.
- Despite its healing effect, it doesn’t heal yourself.
- It is one of the first weapons to feature the Teammates Healing attribute, the other being the Witch Doctor and Like Booster.
- It is somewhat based off of Mercy's Caduceus Staff from Overwatch.
re-check the post...