|“||If you ever thought about what lies in the heart of volcano, initiating the eruptions, now you know the answer. Only those who don't fear fire can use it.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Heart of Volcano, commonly abbreviated as the "HoV", is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 15.2.0 update. It was first obtainable during the Phoenix Season Battle Pass, and it used to obtainable by completing the Trophy Road before that feature was removed in the 18.1.0 update.
It is a heavy volcano themed weapon that shoots balls of lava. It deals massive damage, a slow fire rate, a good capacity, and decent mobility. It is 2 shots with delay, burning, and chain damage.
It is a giant volcano themed cannon with a maroon and red body with black details. It has a cone shaped barrel that is separated into three segments that retract whenever the weapon is fired, the top and sides of the barrel is open, exposing red-hot lava in the chamber. The back of the gun features a rifle shaped stock that is mainly gray and black, which contains a magazine that serves as the ammunition, as well as a small red grip and a red handguard with yellow details.
This weapon shoots large balls of lava that explode upon impact and burn surrounding players. Projectiles have moderate travel time. This weapon also has chain damage, in which a direct shot to an enemy will chain the projectile to other nearby enemies and deal more damage. It also has the Burning attribute, making the opponent take damage over time after being shot.
When reloading, the magazine behind the body is taken out and is replaced by another one. It has no delay mechanics.
This weapon deals massive damage upon direct hits, it has a decent capacity and mobility. Its chain damage reaches further than most other chain damaging weapons.
- Use this how you would use the Electromagnetic Cannon, as they work similarly.
- This weapon does a small to medium size of area damage in this update so it is very effective.
- Try to use this against enemies that are close together as its chain reaction can hit multiple enemies.
- The weapon's travel time makes this less useful at long ranges, try switching to a sniper weapon that has no travel time like Anti-Hero Rifle or the Supercharged Rifle.
- This weapon has a decent sized AoE range. Although it deals less damage than a direct hit.
- Note that you cannot rocket jump with this weapon.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Avoid going near friendly players and entities, as its chain damage can reach you if you are close to their targets.
- Try strafing around its users since this weapon does not deal area damage.
- To fully counter this weapon, you need a full armor set and a Barrier Rifle. Use the Barrier Rifle to block the rockets then switch to the Excalibur or Viking to quickly eliminate the user(s).
- In the 18.1 Update, it was obtainable by completing the Trophy Road at 5000 tags. As of the 18.2 update, it is now unobtainable since trophy road got removed.
- It was obtainable by purchasing it from the Community Van twice for coin prices that can go up to 3150, depending on the level.
- It was obtainable by buying the Phoenix Season Battle Pass and getting it at level 1.
Bring a good Sniper to use for longer ranges, and a primary weapon to finish off opponents.
- It was obtainable from the Super Chest.
- Its area of effect got increased along with its damage.
- This weapon was put in the Trader's Van as part of the Community Van that was hosted by the developers.
- It is one of four weapons available through the original Phoenix Order Battle Pass, the others being the Eva, the Napalm Cannon, and the Firestarter.
- Projectiles from this weapon had a very slow travel time, but it got buffed along with all other weapons at the beginning of 2019.
- It, and the Steam Power are the only weapons that have entire Gallery sets named after it.
- It‘s performance is very similar to the Asteroid, due to both guns having the almost same fire rate, capacity, mobility as well as attributes (both guns have chain damage and burning).
- This weapon was available in the Armory for a short amount of time before getting removed.