|“||Created by Block Hamptons company for extraordinary hard fighting conditions. It can withstand 360 degrees C and dust hurricanes. Destroys the opponent immediately and pierces through any armor.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Heavy Sniper Rifle, commonly abbreviated as the HSR, is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 15.9.0 update. It can be obtained for a limited time as part of the Military Trader's Van event in the Armory.
It is a military-themed weapon based on the Barrett M82 anti-materiel rifle, with a scope that resembles a TrackingPoint PGF (Precision Guided Firearm). It possesses an 8x rail-mounted scope for long-ranged combat. It shoots a bullet that is able to punch through enemy players thanks to its Piercing Shot attribute. At max Efficiency, it is an instant kill with a headshot and two body-shots with modules. Its fire rate is moderate, capacity is somewhat above average, and its mobility is low.
The Heavy Sniper Rifle has a green camo with a bipod with a handle. On top of the weapon exists the 8x scope with two cosmetic, non-functional laser sights. Under the hand guard comes with the bipod that is purely cosmetic. On top of the handguard in question, the handle grip is attached. At the end of the long barrel, it consists of a wide muzzle brake.
The weapon is held by both of the player's hands. When shooting, the gun will recoil backwards and the player cycles the bolt handle to load the next bullet in the chamber. On the top of the gun is where the 8x scope is mounted, its lens are tinted red and it has two laser sights that serve no purpose.
The gun shoots .50 caliber bullets at a moderate rate which have instant travel time. Each magazine holds 8 bullets, and when spawning, the player is given two more magazines. It has the Piercing Shot attribute, which is fitting for such an ammo type. At mythical and with certain modules, it can kill enemies with a single body-shot, making it very powerful.
When reloading, the player takes out the magazine, inserts another one, then cycles the bolt handle. This weapon gives delay to certain weapons with Output Delay such as Laser Cycler and Thunderer. It itself doesn't Input (receive) delay.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- The Piercing Shot attribute allows you to take down multiple enemies (in linear position) at once.
- Its 8x scope makes it a devastating weapon in long ranges, if used well.
- It is a one/two-shot kill so you have to aim very well to benefit from this feature.
- Useful for targeting Jetpack pilots, if you master this skill very well.
- Keep moving while sniping since being stationary will make you vulnerable to counterattacks.
- Use this weapon in long-range maps to maximize the use of its 8x scope, for example Heaven Garden.
- Switch to a high mobility weapon if you wish to flee or move around with agility in mind.
- If locked in a sniper fight, take time to aim with this weapon.
- This weapon can be used well for Three Category Spam, as it only has output delay.
- Use the Steel Hands module combination to nullify the recoil and better accuracy.
- Hide behind solid objects as it cannot pierce through walls.
- Attack its users while they are reloading or attacking someone else.
- Engage its users in close range. Be aware of experienced users though, for they can kill you regardless of any range.
- Area Damage weapons can destroy its users easily.
- Do not stay in a line as its Piercing Shot trait can punch through you and other players.
- Experienced snipers can easily no-scope with this weapon, so strafing is recommended.
- Any fully automatic weapons can easily decimate the user when they miss their shot.
- Since this is a Piercing Shot weapon, pair it up with others Piercing Shot weapons to create the perfect synergy.
- Equip a fast firing Primary/Backup to finish off a weakened opponent.
- Equip a melee that has 85 or higher mobility to flee.
- Initial release.
- This weapon was brought back in the Independence Day Lottery along with other Military Trader Van weapons.
- The weapon's damage was increased by 33%.
- This weapon was put in the Trader's Van as part of the Community Van that was hosted by the developers.
- Its damage was decreased by 4%.
- Its damage was decreased by 10%
21.7 its got relesed in battle royale
- It is one of the Sniper weapons that is based on the Barrett M82 anti-materiel rifle, but given its military-style appearance, it's most likely the M107 variant.
- This gun used to be a one shot at Mythical Tier, but after it's nerf, it no longer does.
- It used to have the ability to one-shot a player to the head without modules, but after its nerf, it now needs modules to kill a player with a single shot to the head.
- The weapon's kill icon does not fully match to the weapon's appearance itself, since the receiver in its kill icon is gray, while the actual weapon has green camouflage. It is likely due to developer oversight.
- It looks like a spiritual successor of the Brutal Headhunter (PG3D) due to its appearance.
- Like all weapons with bipod and the special-looking scope, these attachments appears only for cosmetic purposes.
- It and its counterpart, the Harsh Punisher are both very popular for Three Category Spam.
- When the Heavy Sniper Rifle gets nerfed to 4% of its damage, most of the community were enraged about this change. Probably because it is a popular sniper while some has it to mythical, thinking that 4% seems too much. And it then received another 10% nerf, along with a bunch of other 3 Category Spam compatible weapons, which made the community even more angry at the developers for indirectly promoting Heavy Spamming.
- This weapon's design is similar to the Mammoth.