|“||Created by Block Hamptons company for extraordinary hard fighting conditions. It can withstand 360 degrees C and dust hurricanes. Destroys the opponent immediately and pierces through any armor.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Heavy Sniper Rifle, commonly abbreviated as the HSR, is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 15.9.0 update. It can be obtained for a limited time as part of the Military Trader's Van event in the Armory.
It is a military-themed weapon based on the Barrett M82 anti-materiel rifle. It possesses an 8x rail-mounted scope if its user wishes to attack from a distance. It shoots a bullet that is able to pierce through enemy players, thanks to its Piercing Shot attribute. At max Efficiency, it is OHKO to the head (2 rounds if landed on the body). Its fire rate is moderate, capacity is somewhat above average, and its mobility is low.
The Heavy Sniper Rifle has a green camo with a bipod with a handle. On top of the weapon exists the 8x scope with two laser sights that serves no purpose in the game as it is a cosmetic item. Under the hand guard comes with the bipod that is purely cosmetic. On top of the handguard in question, the handle grip is attached. At the end of the long barrel, it consists of a horizontally thick muzzle brake.
The weapon is held by both of the player's hands. When shooting, the gun will recoil backward and the player cycles the bolt handle to load the next bullet in the chamber. On the top of the gun is where the 8x scope sits, its lens are colored red and it has two laser sights that serve no purpose.
The gun shoots .50 caliber bullets at a moderate rate which have instant travel time. Each magazine holds 8 bullets, and when spawning, the player is given two more magazines. The sniper rifle has the Piercing Shot attribute, which is fitting for such an ammo type.
When reloading, the player takes out the magazine, inserts another one, then cycles the bolt handle. This weapon gives delay to certain weapons with Output Delay such as Laser Cycler and Thunderer. It itself doesn't receive delay.
- Aim for the head to deal more damage.
- The Piercing Shot attribute allows you to take down multiple enemies (in linear position) at once.
- Its 8x scope makes it a devastating weapon in long ranges, if used well.
- It is a one/two-shot kill so you have to aim very well to benefit from this feature.
- Useful for targeting Jetpack pilots, if you master this skill very well.
- Keep moving while sniping since being stationary will make you vulnerable to counterattacks.
- Use this weapon in long-range maps to maximize the use of its 8x scope, for example Heaven Garden.
- Switch to a high mobility weapon if you wish to flee in a [not necessarily] breakneck speed.
- If locked in a sniper fight, take time to aim with this weapon.
- This weapon can be used well for Three Category Spam, as it only has input delay.
- Use the Steel Hands module combination for zero recoil and better accuracy.
- Hide behind solid objects since it cannot pierce through walls.
- Attack its users while they are reloading or attacking someone else.
- Engage its users in close range. Be aware of experienced users though, for they can kill you regardless of any range.
- Area Damage weapons can destroy its users easily.
- Do not engage in groups its users in a linear fashion, due to the Piercing Shot attribute.
- Experienced snipers can easily no-scope with this weapon, so strafing is recommended.
- Fully automatic weapons can easily punish/overpower the sniper if he/she missed.
- Since this is a Piercing Shot weapon, pair it up with others Piercing Shot weapons to create the perfect synergy.
- Equip a fast firing Primary/Backup to finish off a weakened opponent.
- A melee that has 85 mobility to flee.
- Initial release.
- The weapon's damage was increased by 33%.
- This weapon was put in the Trader's Van as part of the Community Van that was hosted by the developers.
- It is one of the Sniper weapons that is based on the Barrett M82 anti-materiel rifle.
- This gun will one shot at Mythical Tier.
- The weapon's kill icon does not fully match to the weapon's appearance itself, since the receiver in its kill icon is gray, while the actual weapon is green camouflaged. It is likely due to developer oversight.
- It looks like a spiritual successor of the Brutal Headhunter (PG3D) due to its appearance.
- Like all weapons with bipod and the special looking scope, the attachments are only used for cosmetics.