|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
It is a fencing rapier that attacks players in close range. It has medium base damage combined with good super punch damage, a high attack speed of 89, and high mobility of 85.
It takes the appearance of a fencing sword and a bottle of poison.
The sword itself has a golden guard with a velvet red handle and a long thin blue/silver blade. The bottle of poison is green and has a white skull on all 4 sides. This weapon currently does not have any delay mechanics.
This weapon is a Melee weapon, so naturally, it can only attack players in close range when swung. Moreover, it can also poison them which deals damage to the afflicted over time. Finally, it has the Healing Area attribute, so that the user of this weapon can heal teammates and the user him/herself in a certain circle around the user, making it powerful for performing longer kill streaks. It heals 12 health/s while held.
- Equip the Berserk Boots and Berserk Cape to maximize this weapons mobility.
- Sneak up behind the enemy to attack him/her with it.
- Use this weapon at close quarters engagements, because this is a weapon that requires being up close to the target.
- Attack the head for maximum damage.
- Strafe around enemies while holding down the melee button to maximize the efficiency and lethality of the weapon.
- Use the shockwave or the attribute from this weapon in a group, or when you are surrounded by enemies, but be sure to have hit 1 enemy before.
- If you hit an enemy for the first time right as you die, you will respawn with the shockwave ready.
- The Poison attribute is useful for dealing with additional damage to enemies over time.
- Equip the weapon when low on health, since you can heal yourself with this weapon.
- If you insist on becoming the medic, move close to your teammates to rapidly increase their health.
- This weapon is one of the best for Clan Raids/Monster Siege due to its rapid healing in case you run low on health or if you want to heal yourself or others during the session.
- This is useful in any Raid map such as Dead City/Magical Valley.
- In Co-op Survival, hide in one place and heal yourself if you're on low HP.
- Hitting the glass in Parkour City 3019, the bottles in Ghost Town, or TNT will also activate the shockwave.
- Try to save the super punch for the next opponent.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Use the Reflector (gadget) so he will be less interested in hitting you.
- Area damage and shotgun weapons decimate its users.
- When caught in a melee battle, try striking the user first, backpedal, then strike again until the user dies.
- Stay out of range from a user of this weapon to prevent taking damage. Try engaging the user with a Primary weapon at medium range.
- Use a weapon with high damage or a weapon with a fast fire rate to overwhelm the weapon's healing abilities.
- Try attacking the user when the shockwave isn't activated yet to prevent taking further damage.
It serves as a well-balanced melee weapon and can be used by all loadouts especially for 3-cat spam users.
This weapon is undoubtedly one of the most popular weapons in the game, due to its op stats (self-healing and super punch). Ever since its release in the Fairytale Season Battle Pass, people bought it to grind for this weapon. Due to how popular the weapon is, other players hate this weapon, possibly due to how overpowered it is. This weapon was also put up for voting in the Discord Server to be in one of the upcoming Trader's Van events.
Knife Party Ban
Despite the category of this weapon, before 17.4.0, it had an area of effect, defeating the purpose of a Melee weapon in the first place. Because of the weapon's performance, it is banned from Knife Party, primarily for balancing purposes. The player going to Knife Party with a Heroic Epee will have the Combat Knife equipped instead, but they can feel free to change the Melee weapon in the Armory before starting or during the match.
Even though in the 17.4.0 update, the weapon's performance was completely modified, it is still banned from Knife Party due to the fact that it possesses unique attributes such as Healing and Super Punch.
- Although other melee weapons with Healing and Super Punch are not banned (Such as the Cthulhu Legacy and the Spirit Staff)
- Initial release.
- A bug made the Super Punch and Healing Area attributes into Dash and Head Enlargement attributes, but the original attributes' effects didn't change.
- It was fixed a few days after the bug was introduced.
- This weapon was put in the Trader's Van as part of the Community Van that was hosted by the developers.
- Damage increased by 5%.
- This weapon was put in the Halloween Van for gems.
- The super-punch stacking glitch was patched.
- It might be a reference to Shakespeare's play; Hamlet, since at the end of the play, Hamlet and Laertes fought in a fencing duel where Laertes used a poison-tipped sword in order to try to kill Hamlet, but instead kills himself.
- It is commonly seen being used by three category spammers, due to the self-healing power.
- The weapon's name, 'Épée', is French for 'sword'.
- This is one of the most used melee for Clan Raids because of it's Healing Area attribute.
- It resembles a rapier, despite being called an epee.
- This weapon cannot be used in Knife Party, possibly due to the healing attribute.
- This is the second weapon that is banned from Knife Party; the first is the Disconnector.
- When your health has been taken and you try to heal your self using this weapon in Arena, you will die no matter how much health you were on.
- However, this bug was fixed later on.
- It is the second weapon to have the Healing Area attribute after the Cooking Totem.
- Ever since its potential addition to the Community Van, many players complained about it and made memes out of this weapon, often referring to it as the "Heroic PP" or the "Heroic Hepi."
- The weapon has a similar appearance to the Last Samurai.
- This weapon can be found in the Aquapark map in a treasure chest.
- This weapon appeared in the Trader's Van with a new Halloween skin during Halloween 2020.
- If there are breakable objects on a map and you break them with the Epee you can have a super punch ready to go for your next target.
- It is also one of the most wanted weapons in the game along with Ultimatum, and the Necklace of the Ice King.
- Its Halloween skin, Spooktober, is created by a user in the wiki named Rvgaorsa.
- Additionally, the name of the skin is a direct reference to the Spooktober meme.