For the weapon, see Hippo (Weapon).
It is a light purple mechanical head of a hippo, with its mouth agape, showing 4 blunt teeth.
It will approach the player by bouncing and getting closer every time it bounces. It will then attack the player while bouncing when at melee range.
- Melee weapons are decent for killing a Hippo, but you must be quick, as the Hippo can deal damage pretty quickly.
- It is still more advisable to shoot it as it has fast attack speed.
- Going in circles around a Hippo will decrease its chances of hitting you.
- A group of Hippos can quickly chew one's health and armor away when attempting to melee them, it is recommended to shoot them instead.
- Being a severed head, it is very vulnerable to headshots.
- Try Rocket Jumping awaay if you are being surrounded.
- For some reason, this has more health then other enemies bigger then this,be sure to also not get caught in a group of hippos.
- This and the Hippo gun share the same model, the only difference being the size of the hippo head model.
- There is also a Hippo themed gun.
- This is one of the fastest attacking enemies in the game.
- This monster could be referencing the beheaded animatronics from Five Nights at Freddy's. It is possible that the body of this monster exists, but only the head is present.