|“||One of the guns that were transformed due to the passage of time. The machine gun was transformed into a minigun. In the impulse minigun,||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Impulse Minigun is a Primary weapon introduced in the 12.0.0 update.
It is a yellow and gray minigun that automatically shoots a lot of bullets at a fast fire rate. This minigun has high efficiency per second, a high fire rate, good capacity, and low mobility. The only drawback is the rather slow spin-up time.
The large nozzle of this weapon is silver. It has a yellow back, a brown and silver handle, and a large clip that exposes ammunition. It has two blue buttons on the sides of the nozzle.
This weapon automatically shoots regular bullets with instant bullet travel time. Its accuracy slightly decreases after every few shots while spraying and praying. It has an automatic attribute which basically means it shoots rapidly and a minigun attribute, which gives it a small delay before shooting.
When reloading, the clip from the weapon's bottom is taken out and is replaced by another. It has no delay mechanics.
- You can ambush enemies at corners, catching them off-guard. They will be very close to you, allowing maximum damage and will almost guarantee a kill.
- This is the fare few weapons that are extremely worth your coins, even if its effectiveness is heavily diminished due to a lack of upgrades.
- This weapon is very general-purpose, allowing you to fulfill a large multitude of roles due to its high damage, the rate of fire, and high magazine capacity.
- This weapon suffers a lot of accuracy loss at long ranges. Close the gap before enemy snipers can pin you down and kill you with relative ease.
- This weapon will quickly down unarmored opponents in direct combat.
- With sufficient training one can estimate where a sprayed bullet might go and direct the weapon as to it, this greatly minimizes the chances of wasted ammo and increases viability in long-range matches.
- When cornered, this weapon is excellent at killing a few players before being killed yourself.
- Play close range maps. For example; Pool Party. This weapon will be very useful.
- Be careful when crossing into the enemy-controlled territory. If the user catches you when you are unaware, you will likely be unable to escape or retaliate.
- If you must attack directly, attack with the support of teammates, but fan out, as if your group together, the high rate of fire can shred you all.
- This weapon lacks a scope, making it difficult to fight at long ranges. Use this advantage to pick off the user from a distance and back off if you have to.
Pack a secondary weapon to take out such users and save ammunition for tougher opponents. Due to this weapon having a low mobility, bring a high mobility weapon. Also, because it cannot hit as well in long ranges, bring a good sniper weapon.
- The Impulse Minigun is released into the game.
- The Minigun attribute was added to the weapon, making it have to take a short period of time to spin up in order for it to fire.
- It was brought back into the Armory.
- This is based on the Machine Gun from Quake 3 Arena.
- Its Gallery description seems to be incomplete.
- Its spin up sound is later added in another backup weapon, the Battle Grainthrowers.
- It was removed from the armory on an unknown date