|This article may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
This is a prison facility with a basketball court room, a execution room, main office, jail room with beds, some corridors, a locker room, a room with 'keep all hands in plain view at all times' written all over the room, and a strange painting, that when you walk through has a secret passageway.
- Policeman Zombie
- Prisoner Zombie
- Prisoner Crawler
- Police Double Headed Zombie
- Red Spider
- Green Slime
Newbie sees that the helicopter crashed at the top of the cursed prison. He then jumps off the Bridge to escape zombies behind him, and manages to swim to land, and enters the prison. Like at the Cemetery, he is too late to rescue the other survivors.
The hidden coin is located inside the kitchen inside the prison building.
The gem is on the second floor of the prison cell block, around the corner of where there's an exit outside. Jump on the broken doors to get up, or use either a grenade or your Signal Pistol to rocket jump.
- Do not get too close, as the monsters will hit you.
- You can walk up the broken doors/walls in the main prison corridor to get onto the balcony, then you can attack the monsters without them reaching you. This also applies for the boss.
- Kill the monsters as quickly as possible, since you earn a star by killing monsters quickly. Do not rush it, though.
- Use pets, as a minor/major backup for killing.
- Make sure not to get cornered in a room, as this level can confuse some players.
- Follow the green arrow that appears once there are 5 enemies left, in order to kill the enemies quicker.
- To conserve munitions, aim for the enemies' heads.
- Use Armor. If you have a decent amount of armor, you will not have to worry about getting damaged, because you can get 3 stars even if you have ended with damaged armor. But this doesn't apply to Health.
- The enemies aren't extremely tough in this level, so you can equip the weapons with a decent amount of damage.
- It is recommended to not stay inside the prison, as you can be easily trapped by enemies or even the boss, and you can be easily damaged by them. When fighting the boss, it is recommended to go outside to the exercise area, and shoot at the boss while walking around the perimeter of the walls.
- If the players has any close contact with the boss, even if it is not attacking, they will be damaged by the electric force around him.
- Headshots are key in (possibly) one-shotting harder enemies and a boss.
- It is unknown how the island got infected, seeing how it's isolated from the mainland, and no flying monsters were present.
- Although any flying transportations (like the helicopter in the story comic above for example) might have landed with a monster with it and have infected the people in the Prison. But the actual reason remains unknown.
- It is based on the real-world location Alcatraz Island, namely the prison constructed on there.
- It may also be based on Mob of the Dead from Call of Duty: Black Ops II Zombies, however the original map is larger.
- The person in a passable painting in one of the cells seems to be Marilyn Monroe.
- In the loading screen. You will see a prisoner execution device: An Electric Chair. It is one due to the electric symbols found and its switch on the left side.
- It was removed from multiplayer in the 10.6.0 update.
- It is possible for you to be pushed outside the map by a monster in the room with the Electric Chair.
- For unknown reason, the soundtrack was changed to the Parallel World's soundtrack in the 12.5.0 update.
- At 00:15 in the soundtrack, a banjo riff can be heard shortly. This is a reference to the 1920s gangster Al Capone who frequently played the banjo while serving time. Some people speculate that his spirit still plays the same banjo.