|“||Sniper rifle, inspired by the arty-farty blueprint. Every mechanism inside works on steam. Steampunk is back in black, baby!||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Inventor's Rifle is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 14.0.0 update.
It is a steampunk-themed sniper rifle that shoots regular bullets. This weapon has good initial power, a good fire rate (for a sniper), low ammo capacity and has surprisingly good mobility considering the fact that it's a sniper.
It is mostly a rustic brown overall. It is one of the only weapons with a 6x scope, the other being the Alien Sniper Rifle. It looks like a steam punk themed weapon.
This weapon shoots regular bullets with instant bullet travel time. These bullets are shot as single shots, just like any other sniper. Moreover, this weapon possesses a 6x zoom optic sight which allows it to pick off players from a long range.
When reloading, the magazine/clip from the behind of the gun (Similar to the Space Rifle) is taken out, then put back. It has input delay, which means that it gives delay to output delay weapons.
- Attack from a medium/long-range since it has a 6x scope.
- Always try to aim for the head to maximize damage.
- In regular matches, reload after killing somebody as the reload speed is rather quick.
- Use it like you would use any other sniper, always watch out. In PG3D, you would ideally want to keep moving to avoid revealing your location.
- This is a viable 3 cat spam option for lower level players due to the fact it has no output delay.
- Use a fast firing weapon such as the Secret Forces Rifle.
- Overpower them with an even more powerful sniper such as the Anti-Champion Rifle.
- Go into close ranges as this weapon is a Sniper. However, take note that skilled users can easily use this in close ranges. If you can get close enough, use a melee weapon to kill the user.
Use it with a good primary or an area damage weapon. A Melee weapon should also prove to be very useful in close range combat situations.
- Initial release.
- Despite being a reskin of its predecessor, the Space Rifle (PG3D), it does not have the wall-break attribute the Space Rifle has.
- It is one of the very few weapons to have a 6x scope/zoom.