|“||According to some legends, Katana could only be obtained by the most worthy of the Cuborais. It has a self-sharpening blade, meaning there is one less thing in the world you need to care about.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Katana, formerly called the Emperor's Blade, is a Melee weapon introduced in the 6.0.0 update.
It is a sword with a long blade that attacks and bleeds the opponent in close range. This weapon deals a good amount of damage, high attack speed, and high mobility. It takes about 3-4 hits to kill an armored player.
It has a black handle with red dots to resemble a sword wrap, as well as a very long and curved blade. It has a small and thin crossguard.
The player, holding this weapon from its red handle with both hands, swings it to attack the opponent in close range, dealing them some damage and making them bleed, which means that the opponent temporarily loses health.
- This weapon is good for tearing down groups. Swing quickly and move on to the next opponent once your former target has been eliminated.
- Catch players off-guard and you'll be sure to strike them down soon.
- If they turn on you, you'll be very vulnerable, so this can be a risky tactic. Ambush a sniper for the best results.
- This can circle-strafe very well due to its high mobility and margin for error due to its swing speed. If in a melee duel, try to move unpredictably so that your opponent cannot score a good hit.
- The Katana causes enemies to bleed and lose health/armor for a short amount of time.
- Pair the Katana with the Berserk Boots, specifically when they are upgraded to the highest level.
- The low weight/high mobility the weapon provides, combined with the Berserk Boots providing a tremendous speed boost should you be holding a melee weapon allows you to move quickly when holding the Katana. Use this for quick escapes and pursuing fleeing enemies.
- Use this weapon for moving around the map in realistic Brawl.
- Take out Katana users with long-ranged weapons, specifically your guns, and prevent them from getting close.
- Make sure to also stay out of range of these users to prevent being hit.
- Since the Katana inflicts a "Bleed" status, look for armor/health pick-ups on the battlefield should you be hit several times.
- If locked in a melee duel with a user, try to strafe around the user and score a good blow before the user can retaliate. If you are unarmored, this is especially important, as users can slay you in a single hit.
- Try to move out of melee range by rocket jumping or using a weapon with high mobility.
- Fast-firing (or shotguns) weapons easily pick off its users.
- Initial release.
- It received an extra upgrade.
- It was given the Bleeding attribute.
- This weapon got removed from Armory
- The sword follows the design of a traditional Japanese Katana.
- The Emperor's Blade, along with Ninja Sword and Samurai Katana, has been removed from the game. It has been replaced by the Katana.
- The weapon has a similar design to many traditional Japanese swords such as the Wakizashi and Tachi.
- It was the third and the final form of the old and removed Ninja Sword.
- In the 13.5.0 update, a reskin was made based on this weapon, called the Last Samurai.
- When the developers have revealed the Katana potentially being available in the August 2020 Community Van, they showed a picture of its old form, the Ninja Sword, instead of showing the Katana in its currently existing form.