A Key is a type of currency introduced in the 12.1.0 update and were the main currency earned from matches between 18.0.0 and 18.0.2.
It appears to be a simple, golden key. However depending on the event it is in, the look might alter sightly
They are three golden keys, along with a smaller sized, possibly a mini-toy Pixel Gun, that are chained all together into a silver chain. Sometimes, they appear as a single golden key.
Between 18.0.0 and 18.0.2, Keys are now spent on small chests which costs 100 keys each.
- In Team Fight, Deathmatch, Flag Capture, Point Capture and Siege:
- In Block Crash:
- In Duel:
- In Co-op Survival and Team Strike
- In Battle Royale and Siege, the player in the first place can earn up to 5 .
- The unmentioned positions do not earn keys.
- Keys were not influenced by double rewards. For example, if a player became the first place with a double reward, then the same player became the first place with a normal one, they will earn 3 keys in both cases.
- Keys were previously bought from In-App Purchases.
Winning in a match can give you a certain amount of keys based on performance. Every player will have a limit on how many keys (200 keys to be exact) they can obtain in a period of time.
Key doublers can be obtained as a bonus reward in chests, ranging from 20, 40, 60, 80 or even 200, but they can also be obtained by purchasing them via gems in the Treasury. Frankly enough, the most expensive offer can get you 10 small chests, and at the same time, with those gems you can only buy 3 small chests from the current Lottery menu.
Key doubler products:
Card Keys were a replacement for Chest points between 18.0.0 and 18.0.2. Card keys can be obtained from opening event chests.
You can get:
The King Key was a type of key that is used for opening King Chests. 10 of these keys were required to open a King Chest. They could be obtained in the following ways:
- Being first to fifth place in Team Fight, Deathmatch, Flag Capture, Point Capture or Siege.
- Being first place in Co-op Survival, Duel, or Team Strike.
- Being at least sixth place and have at least one kill in Battle Royale.
- This is the 4th currency introduced into Pixel Gun 3D, the other 3 are , and , which was removed in the 12.5.0 update, though then reintroduced as coupons alongside with the introduction of the Gallery.
- Its only use is to open chests.
- This used to be bought with instead of microtransactions.
- However, in the 12.5.3 update, they are bought with microtransactions.
- It has been brought back numerous times for various events and evolved into the current currency obtained from winning matches.
- Ever since the ??.?.? update was released, keys are no longer a prize in the lottery chests.