|“||A knife and a compass are the most important items while camping. Except for water, clothes, repellent, tent, fireplace, food and a map.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
It is a compass accompanied by a knife tool that is thrown as a projectile. It has moderate-high damage, a fast fire rate, decent mobility and a moderate capacity for a weapon with no reload.
The Knife and Compass is a Swiss Army Knife with all attachments extended, along with a red compass. The new attribute, Enemy Detector, works as if a compass is pointing to the North Pole.
The red part of the compass will point and follow to the nearest enemy (regardless of being seen or not), which makes them easier to track down, especially in maps with many hiding places such as Ice Palace.
The player throws the knife as a projectile. This knife has a fast, but not an instant bullet travel time. Moreover, this weapon has a random effect attribute, which means that it can either burn, bleed or poison the opponent (in all cases, the player will lose extra health for a few seconds). It can also detect enemies. The compass is the player detector and the needle points towards the nearest enemy.
This weapon uses the single-shot system so it has no reload animation.
It has a fixed delay input. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Knife and Compass always has a delay lasting around half of a second.
- It can be used in tandem with other powerful one-shot weapons such as Third Eye.
- Do not use this for 3 Category Spam (3cs), as it has a small pullout time that can ruin the momentum of the spam.
- Aim for the head, as it cripples an enemy plus the random effects which damage them more.
- Use this as a way to ambush and flank enemies as the compass points to the nearest enemy player, making it effective in maze-like close-range combat maps such as Pool Party.
- Its detection ability can also be used to pinpoint the exact location of the target.
- Use this in close quarters corridor maps like Silent School to check corners and detect targets to avoid getting killed from the side via ambush.
- Keep your distance and strafe around, as this weapon has projectile speed and a straight line of fire.
- Pick off its users with a sniper, or go in and blast them with a Heavy or shotgun.
- As it has a fast fire rate, be careful not to get caught into a close-range encounter with this weapon as it has the potential to kill someone quickly.
- As the weapon has pullout time, take advantage of the precious split second to score a kill on its users.
- Be aware of its users, since he/she will locate you regardless of where you hide.
- If you ever get hit in the head, it is important to rocket jump or escape with a high mobility melee as to not be finished off by another weapon.
- An experienced player can estimate your movements and where the shot might land, so be wary.
A loadout with powerful weapons to finish the enemy once you hit them with this weapon.
- Initial release.
- It made its first appearance in the Military Lottery.
- It returned in the Summer Adventure Lottery.
- It was added back into the Waterpark Super Lottery.
- Despite being named Knife and Compass, the "knife" is actually the Swiss knife, since it has multiple blades whereas the latter has only one.
- The Swiss Army Knife relates to the theme as it is an important tool in survival kits.
- This is the first weapon with “Enemy Detector” attribute. The second is the Sharp-Eyed Courier.
- However the Sharp-eyed Courier's enemy detector is different from this one
- Despite being a Backup weapon, it looks more like a Special weapon due to how most thrown weapons such as the Tactical Tomahawk or Snowball are classified as a Special weapon.
- For some reason when you aim for the body and get a kill, it will count as a headshot.
- Because it only hits headshots, it is the reason why the Knife and Compass cannot harm anything headless (such as a Headless Zombie).
- This weapon is supposed to be related to scouting because scouts usually use these types of knives.