|“||The laser beam, taking up the space and getting so many enemies killed with just a single shot on a trigger switch. The most interesting representative of lasers delivered from Venera.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Laser Bouncer is a Special weapon introduced in the 10.3.0 update.
The Laser Bouncer is a large green laboratory themed railgun. It has very good performance at max level. It deals a very high amount of damage, has an average fire rate, a lower-than-average capacity, and low mobility. It features single shot action and ricochet.
It is a railgun with green colors, white details and the orange parts as the energy bits, with white parts surrounding it. It has a black forestock, along with a black grip.
This weapon shoots an orange laser that can pierce shot through players and bounce through walls. This orange laser has instant bullet travel time and is visible for 1 - 2 seconds after being emitted from the gun.
When reloading, the weapon is flipped vertically, the clip from the back is taken out, a spare clip is put in and the player flips the weapon horizontally.
It gives delay on some weapons that are associated with Three Category Spam like the Thunderer and the Anti-Champion Rifle. It also receives a delay if those weapons were shot, then quickly switched to this weapon.
- Aim for the head to maximize the damage.
- Use a high fire rate weapon with this or stay mobile. Or, you can shoot, quickly switch to a different weapon and switch back to the Laser Bouncer.
- The shots from the weapon can ricochet two times off objects.
- Use this on tight corridors due to its Piercing Shot and Ricochet attributes.
- A skilled enough player could use this weapon at long ranges due to the almost no recoil. The Ricochet attribute, if you are skilled enough, could be used to just shoot the floor or the wall to kill a user.
- Use this to shoot around corners.
- If you can shoot a player standing up against a wall, the laser might bounce off another wall hitting them once again.
- With precision, it can be a good Sniper substitute.
- A skilled enough player could use Rocket Jump to gain an advantage, allowing for a headshot and more points.
- This is popular in Pool Party corridors as it can ricochet back and kill the player even if the initial shot does not kill them. Try to fire the Killer Whale to slow the targets and quickly finish them off.
- The Laser Bouncer can be used with some weapons for Three Category Spam, although it does have delay with a lot of weapons. Similar to the Reflector (Weapon), an alternative way to Three Category Spam is melee switch, which involves switching to a Melee weapon, then switching to another weapon and so on. The Laser Bouncer is really effective in Melee Switch, which is a good (but harder) alternative to normal Three Category Spam. Using a non-delay weapon in the Backup or Sniper section such as the Ritual Revolvers and the Dual Anger will allow it to switch without any delay.
- The weapon fires tracer rounds, consider this to know the user's location.
- Stafe and jump around to avoid being shot.
- Avoid small spaces as its users can use the advantage of its ricochet attribute.
- Area damage weapons can easily mess up the user's aim.
- Although deadly for skilled players and their ability at close ranged combat, to get a shot that actually does decent damage, the user must hit their head. So, using flamethrowers, shotguns, and other close-range weapons while jumping and dodging, could counter these users. However, be aware of the enemy's skill.
- This weapon cannot one shot a maximum armored player, so using one-shot weapons such as the Anti-Hero Rifle or the One Shot will easily kill these users. Just make sure you have the accuracy.
- Never try to use the Jetpack to take down a Laser Bouncer, extremely skilled users can kill you with it from very long distances even if you move in a random pattern.
- The best way to kill these users is to get the user in an open space and zigzag towards them with a shotgun or Melee type weapon. Make sure you move in a very unpredictable way, or else an experienced user will kill you with ease.
- Avoid walls, where the user can shoot and the ricocheting effect could bounce the laser to you. However, this is rare.
- If in close encounters with a user, switch to an Area Damage weapon and try to eliminate them. Keep in mind if you're too close to the explosions of your weapon, you can damage yourself.
- Carry around a high fire rate weapon due to its slow fire rate.
- One can pair this up with the Anti-Hero Rifle and the Exterminator to infamously spam such weapons.
This weapon is one of the most popular weapons in the game. When accessible to many players (like in the Armory at a cost that many players can afford), many players would want to buy it. It is often loved and wanted by many players, but others dislike it due to its performance and/or its popularity.
Some of the old players originally used this weapon because that is the first special weapon to have a similar performance of being a weapon that shoots a powerful laser that bounces through walls. Then, when 13.2.1 came out, players started using the Reflector, which has a similar performance to the Laser Bouncer. Though nowadays, both weapons are pretty much used equally, but the Reflector is slightly used more, mainly because it has 33% more ammunition than the Laser Bouncer.
- Initial release.
- The weapon received a combat level of 11 and is upgradeable to a combat level of 14.
- Its firing animation was changed.
- The weapon was nerfed and is no longer a one headshot kill. It now requires two shots to kill a max-armored player. The same thing is said for its successor, the Reflector.
- The weapon was buffed to be able to one shot an enemy player.
- This weapon along with many others received a delay when switching to it, most likely as a response to Three Category Spam.
- Three skins named, "Emperor", "Modified", and "Runes" were released for the weapon.
- It is one of the weapons that possess the ricochet trait.
- It oddly looks like the Contact Beam from the Dead Space series due to its structure.
- The color scheme of this weapon is similar to that of the Nerf Vortex series, both having green and orange parts accompanied by white.
- This, the Armageddon, and Smart Bullet Bazooka are all 240 coins.
- Not anymore, the Armageddon is 155 coins, the Laser Bouncer is 1080 coins, while the Smart Bullet Bazooka is removed.
- While the message is no longer available in the game, it was originally a fan-made gun.
- This weapon does not have the Scoped attribute although it actually does have an optic on the top.