|“||A spear you don't need to throw anywhere to deal damage to your enemies in the distance.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Laser Spear is a Special weapon introduced in the 11.4.0 update.
It is a futuristic spear that emits a blue spinning particle. It has decent damage, a slow fire rate, low capacity, and average mobility.
It is a spear with a large blade and a relatively short yet thick shaft. The blade is a light neon blue and the handle is grey/black. Overall, it has a futuristic or sci-fi aesthetic to it.
When "shooting" (actually, when swinging), it launches a thin blue laser which spirals vertically. This laser can pierce shot through players, which means shoot through multiple players if one is behind another, for example.
This weapon uses the single-shot system so it has no reload animation. It has no delay mechanics either however, it has a small animation after pressing the trigger button before it shoots.
- Shoot when you find multiple enemies in one row.
- Use this in close to medium range.
- Keep in mind that this weapon has a big delay when firing, so keep your attacks timed.
- This weapon can deal decent damage when you get a headshot on it, so try to keep your crosshairs at head-high.
- Using high-mobility weapons to get near enemy players and then ambushing the enemy would be better than trying to engage them in long ranges.
- Pickoff its users from long ranges.
- Strafe and dodge the lasers. They can actually one-shot.
- Since this weapon has a very slow travel time, you could easily dodge its lasers by moving left and right.
- Using high fire rate, high efficiency or long-range weapons could easily counter these users.
- Area damage weapons can also counter these users as it will mess up their aim or distract them.
Equip a long-range weapon in order to fend off against long-ranged enemies.
- The Laser Spear is added into the game.
- This weapon gets severely nerfed as a result of power creeping.
- The Laser Spear gets buffed, making it a 1 - 2 shot kill.
- This is the only weapon introduced in the 11.4.0 update that does not have a Valentine's Day theme or a Kung-Fu theme.
- From the looks of it, it would appear to be a melee weapon, but since it shoots out projectiles, it is considered a Special weapon instead.
- It looks like this weapon is being thrown, but in reality, it is shooting out an energy bolt.
- It has similar mechanics to that of the Poseidon Trident.
- The firing animation is somewhat similar to Reinhardt's "Fire Strike" ability from Overwatch.