|“||A spear you don't need to throw anywhere to deal damage to your enemies in the distance.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
It is a spear with a large blade and a relatively short yet thick shaft. The blade is a light neon blue and the handle is grey/black. Overall, it has a futuristic or sci-fi aesthetic to it.
When "shooting", it launches a thin laser which spirals vertically.
It has decent damage, a slow fire rate, low capacity and average mobility.
- Shoot when you find multiple enemies in one row.
- Use this in close to medium range.
- Keep in mind that this weapon has a big delay when firing, so keep your attacks timed.
- This weapon can deal decent damage when you get a headshot on it, so try to keep your crosshairs at head-high.
- Using high-mobility weapons to get near enemy players and then ambushing the enemy would be better than trying to engage them in long ranges.
- Pickoff its users from long ranges.
- Strafe and dodge the lasers. They can actually one-shot.
- Since this weapon has a very slow travel time, you could easily dodge its lasers by moving left and right.
- Using high fire rate, high efficiency or long-range weapons could easily counter these users.
- Area damage weapons can also counter these users as it will mess up their aim or distract them.
Equip a long range weapon in order to fend off against long ranged enemies.
- The Laser Spear is added into the game.
- This weapon gets severly nerfed as a result of powercreeping.
- The Laser Spear gets buffed, making it a 1 - 2 shot kill.
- This is the only weapon introduced in the 11.4.0 update that does not have a Valentine's Day theme or a Kung-Fu theme.
- From the looks of it, it would be appear to be a melee weapon, but since it shoots out projectiles, it is considered a Special weapon instead.
- It looks like this weapon is being thrown, but in reality, it is shooting out an energy bolt.
- It has similar mechanics to that of the Poseidon Trident.
- The firing animation is somewhat similar to Reinhardt's "Fire Strike" ability from Overwatch.