|“||This katana was forged from a fragment of azure meteorite. You can hardly imagine the tools the forger needed.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Last Samurai is a Melee weapon introduced in the 13.5.0 Update.
It is a sword with a long blade that attacks and bleeds the opponent in close range. This weapon deals a good amount of damage, high attack speed, and decent mobility. It takes about 3-4 hits to kill an armored player.
The weapon is a reskin of the Katana. It has a blue blade and a gold hilt. Whenever the weapon is in hand, a particle effect swirls around the blade.
The player, holding this weapon from its gold handle with both hands, swings it to attack the opponent in close range, dealing them some damage and making them bleed, which means that the opponent temporarily loses health.
- Get up close and personal to the enemy and then attack as you would with any other normal melee weapon.
- Try to take cover or switch weapons when engaging a sniper or fighting users with ranged weapons.
- It has a decent mobility so it could be used for dodging projectiles.
- Pair the katana with Burning Tiara, Cape Editor, Demolition Mask, Berserk Boot and Alloy for even better effect.
- This weapon is very effective when using the 3 category spam method and is used by many players to move around swiftly when not firing.
- This weapon is very deadly, so attack from medium or long range using high damaging weapons like Veteran or Warmaster.
- You could try sneaking up on the users or strafing and running around them to make them confused.
- Be very careful when using weapons such as Rocket Launcher or Ghost Lantern to kill Last Samurai users. They could easily have a gear piece such as the Berserk Boots active to dodge the projectile, and with the slow reload of such weapons, you are leaving yourself vulnerable.
- Use slowing weapons or gadgets to impair the weapon's speedy ability, leaving the user vulnerable to your counterattacks.
- Initial release.
- Damage buffed by 20%.
- Despite its mobility, it is possible that it actually has pretty much the same mobility as the Dark Force Saber (before) when fully upgraded.
- The Robot Samurai wields a reskinned and supersized version of this particular sword as its main weapon.
- Its name is a reference of the 2003 film of the same name (with the word "the" before the name).