|“||Splits lava just like a small dragon. Nota bene: don't purchase magazines from the third-party sellers. It may lead to a burned through pockets.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Lava Thrower is a Special weapon introduced in the 14.0.0 update.
It is a red gun that shoots napalm or looping fireballs that leave a fiery puddle. It has good damage, a decent fire rate, low capacity, and low mobility. It is usually a 3 shot kill with the burning effect.
It is a reskin of the Napalm Cannon.
It appears to be a industrial type weapon, it is a mainly red-colored weapon with gray and yellow parts of the machine. There are orange traces hence the "Lava" part of the Lava Thrower.
This weapon shoots napalm or fireballs that are looping shot and that leave a fiery puddle on impact. This weapon has bullet travel time, so it takes time to land on the player. The fiery puddle or the fireball can make the player take damage by burning it they stand on it. However, the user will also take damage from the fire puddle.
When reloading, the clip from the bottom is taken out and is replaced by a spare one. It has no delay mechanics.
This weapon deals a relatively lower than average damage but provides one of the most annoying attributes in the game. It has a slow fire rate and low capacity for a weapon of its class, and low mobility.
- Use this in close range, as it this weapon has travel time.
- Try to have a backup weapon for mobility, since his weapon is sluggish when compared to most other weapons.
- Try to shoot and aim at places where players usually go through, such as hallways, doors, or corners so that the fire can slowly annoy them and chip away their health.
- When aiming for opponents who are further away, aim higher than where they are, as this weapon has a Looping Shot attribute.
- Remember, it's burning attribute can't really do much in terms of total damage. If you do manage to hit them with it, proceed to attack with another weapon.
- This weapon can no longer do that much damage as it usually takes 3-4 shots with fire damage to kill a player. So stick with your regular weapon and occasionally switch things up just to catch them off-guard.
- Equip a long-range weapon to counter these users, as the Lava Thrower's projectiles have travel time.
- This weapon no longer does ridiculously high damage, so it is fine to take a couple of hits, but stay away from the fire as the flame on the ground can last a very long time.
- This weapon can be incredibly useful in Arena, where you can damage large swarms of monsters with the fire.
Have a good primary to finish the weakened targets after using this weapon. A sniper is always needed for long-range capabilities are abysmal with this weapon.
- This weapon should not be used as a replacement for your regular high damage heavy. Although it does provide the support type gameplay, it does not provide the big damage-dealing gameplay this weapon really needs.
Initial release. It used to be one of the most powerful weapons in the game, being able to one-shot kill any player for a while.
It can no longer one-shot people and received a drastic nerf to where it now takes 3-4 shots to kill a player.
It got buffed into a 2 shot with burning (3 shots without burning).
- This weapon has added in the 14.0.0 update as a re-skin of the Napalm Cannon.