The Luxury Beats is a Special weapon introduced in the 17.1.1 update. It is one of the 6 weapons in the Gold Division Clan Set.
It is a golden boombox with a microphone that emits area damage around the player. It heals teammates and charms opponents. It has good damage, a high fire rate, quite a low capacity for its fire rate, and decent mobility.
The boombox is golden and has a pair of black speakers, a brown handle, various buttons, and a dollar sign embedded in the middle. The weapon also has a black microphone connected to the boombox. It also has a unique Crosshair.
The player holds the boombox on their right hand and a microphone on the left. When the attack button is pressed, the player will create an attack radius made out of musical notes, damaging anyone caught in the area. This radius can also heal teammates or allies and can charm opponents, which means that once an opponent gets the charm effect, they will temporarily deal less damage to the player using this weapon.
When reloading, the player takes out a cartridge or a tape from the boombox and puts another one. It has fixed delay meaning there will always be a small delay whenever the player switches to this weapon.
- Use this in close range, otherwise, it would be useless in longer ranges.
- Use this to mow down heavily armored players due to its high damage per second. (DPS)
- Due to the attack radius's medium size, it is useful for blocking off points in Point Capture to prevent enemy players from advancing.
- Take advantage of the weapon's Charm attribute and target players who rely on high-damaging weapons.
- Due to its area damage attribute, it is effective for keeping melee users away from you.
- The musical notes and the music played makes one stand out from a distance, therefore avoid open areas and areas where snipers are present.
- This weapon is very useful if one has a coordinated team. This is especially useful in game modes such as Raid and Siege, as you can heal teammates.
- If you want to become the Medic, then it's recommended to keep close to the team.
- Spam this weapon in small maps such as Pool Party to win with little effort.
- Use this weapon against crowds of enemies because of the high damage per second and attribute.
- Keep in mind this is one of the most massive area damage weapons, so take advantage of it.
- Pick off the user at a long-range.
- Area damage weapons and shotgun weapons decimate users at close range.
- When caught in its radius, quickly Rocket Jump away while firing back.
- Avoid getting too close to users, keep your distance when battling against a user.
- Try running and jumping while attacking to avoid getting hit by the user's attacks, especially from the area damage attacks.
- The musical notes make the user stand out from a distance, this can be useful for tracking down the user and for striking first.
- If the enemy team has a designated healer, target the Medic first.
- Use the Stone Skin to deflect its area damage effect.
- Use the Reflector gadget so the user will be incurred 50% damage from this weapon.
Have a weapon with a longer range if engaged in long-ranged combat.
- Initial release
- The weapon's damage was decreased by 10.4%
- This weapon's ability to heal other teammates around the user using music is most likely a reference to Lúcio's Crossfade ability from Overwatch.
- This and 13 other weapons that have the attribute, the others being Agent Valentine, Heartbreakers, Serenade, Succubus, Ice Cream Thrower, Ten O'Clock Postman, Royal Marriage Officiant, Cracker Gun, Call of Sirens , Psionic Sporethrower, Aphrodite Crossbow, Egg Colorent and the Love Spell.
- This is the only Golden Division weapon to not be in the Realistic Mode Brawl.
- Like all Clan weapons after the 17.00 Update, it has a unique crosshair.
- This weapon is one of the most hated weapon in the game as it requires absolute no skill to use it, thus making it a 'noob-friendly' weapon. This weapon is shown to be hated to the point that the community even made a poster about nerfing this weapon, known as '#NerfTheBeats'.