|“||A Mega gun for a mega soldier. You can hardly imagine an anime fan who doesn't know this design.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Mega Gun is a Primary weapon introduced in the 13.3.0 update.
Mega Gun is a Futuristic themed and based on the video games character, Mega Man. It has a small blast/area damage, with a high fire rate and a medium capacity and an average mobility.
It is a futuristic rifle that has a light blue barrel, a red trigger, a dark blue handle, a dark red grip, a dark and light blue stock with a red 4x scope. In the middle, there is a red magazine that lays sideway.
This weapon shoots out a projectile that looks like Champion Solar Cannon's projectile but smaller, travels slower, and has a different explosion animation. While you are holding the fire button, the top(above the grip) part starts to go back and front slightly. When the player runs out of ammo or you want to reload it, the player will take out the red magazine and replace it with a new one. It has no delay animation.
It has extremely high damage, a decently high fire rate, an average mobility, and an average capacity.
- Use the scope to encounter longer ranged enemies.
- Always aim for the head to maximize the damage.
- The gun will remain accurate if you hold down the trigger, but it will require some aim when moving around quickly.
- Spam this weapon in hallways due to it's projectiles being hard to dodge.
- You can pair this with the Singular Grenade in order to get enemies in a group and shoot them.
- Due to area damage, it is recommended that it is used on groups of enemies.
- Fire in a concentric circle.
- Use a jet-pack and spam down towards the ground for lots of kills and more points.
- Pick off its users from long ranges, but stay agile, as the travel time for the projectiles are fairly fast.
- Area damage weapons can make quick work of its users.
- Use one shot weapons, like the One Shot , Anti-Champion Rifle, or the Deadly Beat .
- Take cover or run away from these users, as they can easily kill you with this weapon.
- Using the fastest weapon in your current loadout to run away would be the most viable option.
- Using your own high DPS rifle can be effective.
- Staying in the air is another effective way of dealing with Mega Gun users, because of the weapon's travel time.
- Rocket jump away from the user with the Rocket Jumper, or Proton Freezer.
- The Barrier Rifle can easily destroy the projectiles and reduces damage by around 33%.
Equip an efficient Heavy weapon to have no complications in close range, and/or an efficient Sniper weapon to have no complications in long range either. Because it deals unbelievably rapid area damage, you are allowed to equip laser or piercing shot weapons without worrying about losing explosive power.
- This weapon is an obvious primary weapon and your ideal weapon of choice for most matches. Keep in mind that this weapon is used for close to medium ranges, so equip weapons you comfortable with and can fill in the needed gaps (Long-Ranged weapons).
- Initial release.
- The release of combat level give this weapon a huge buff.
- Along with all gem-cost weapons with a combat level of 13 and 9, its efficiency has been buffed to 31 on max level.
- This weapon was buffed a lot, making this once again spammable in pool party.
- Somehow, area damage ability is gone.
- Mega gun's area damage ability is back, but it's damage area was reduced.
- The scope is turned into 4x instead of 10x.
- It is based on the Plasma Gun from DOOM 4.
- Its color scheme is similar to Mega Man's from the Mega Man series. In fact, the name could also be inspired by Mega Man, since the name of the gun is the "Mega" Gun.
- It was given a golden skin (unlocked at Champion League) in the 14.2.0 update.
- It is a reskin of the Sub-zero but of the Legendary grade with better base damage.
- This weapon is no longer obtainable from the Armory.