- Not to be confused with the background or a different weapon with a similar name, the Meteorite Destroyer.
|“||No, it is not a shower gel. You look at an RPG shooting small meteors, ricocheting and eliminating the enemy hordes.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Meteor Shower (Weapon) is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 15.7.0 update. It can be obtained for a limited time during the Christmas holidays in the Armory. It is also obtainable via the Trader's Van.
It's an outer space themed Heavy weapon that has a rarity of legendary. This weapon is generally a 2-3 shot kill, and can set enemies on fire. Projectiles travel in an arcing trajectory, and explode upon bodily contact. this weapon has a very high capacity, but low mobility.
It has a similar appearance as the Napalm Cannon and the Lava Thrower. it appears to be a forest-colored green cannon with yellow and blue details. Unlike its sibling weapons, the Asteroid and Comet, which have shapes that complement their names, this weapon does not have any looks that make it resemble a meteor.
This weapon has a large ammunition cartridge at the bottom of the weapon, and a golden plated object on top, seemingly an iron sight. And two handles at the back, one of them having a light blue trigger. The front of the weapon features a retractable rectangular barrel, with orange details, and can fire meteors (hence the name "meteor shower")
This weapon has high damage. It shoots small meteors that ricochet and bounce off solid objects, if they don't hit an enemy after losing momentum, they will lie on the ground as meteorites and explode when touched, dealing damage to nearby opponents. If nobody touches the meteorites, they will just explode. If the meteor hits an opponent directly, the opponent will be dealt maximum damage and will be set on fire.
After shooting 12 times, this weapon will reload. While reloading, the Meteor Shower's magazine is taken out of the weapon and then replaced with another. Reloading takes about 4 seconds long.
This weapon doesn't have any delay animations, so it can be used for the Three Category Spam.
It has good damage, a medium fire rate, a very high capacity, and a slow mobility. It is 3 shots when maxed out with burning.
- Since it has burning, you can use it to gain revenge points easily.
- Meteors shot by this weapon can be difficult to hit people with due to its looping shot, so time your shots correctly to deal maximum damage.
- In order to deal maximum damage to someone, direct hits are needed. Along with its looping shot attribute, it makes this weapon very skill-based against players in long ranged maps.
- Use it on a group of enemies.
- Use it in medium or close range, because it has looping shot.
- It has a high capacity, so you don't have to reload often.
- This is a good weapon for setting traps as most people not know the projectiles are contact-detonated and just run right into stationary projectiles.
- This weapon can reach it's full potential when used in an enclosed space or hallway.
- Attack the user from long range.
- Strafe around so you don't get hit.
- Fight the user at close range with a Melee weapon, so if they attack you, they will likely damage themselves.
- Beware it has area damage, so stay away from stationary meteorites at all times.
- Take advantage of the time while the user is reloading to attack.
- Staying airborne will make it hard for users to hit you.
- Bring any long ranged weapon with you, like its similar themed weapon, the Comet.
- Initial release.
- Ammunition capacity was nerfed from 14 to 12.
- This weapon is based on meteor showers. Celestial phenomena that involve meteors radiating from a point in the sky. Although meteor showers are usually harmless, meteoroids that are large and fast enough to survive atmospheric entry can cause severe damage during collisions.
- It has an almost identical model of the Napalm Cannon, and the Lava Thrower.
- It has hidden attributes: Ricochet and Contact Detonator.
- This weapon fires similar projectiles that the Fireball Spell, Primal Beast, and Asteroid fires.
- According to its Gallery description, this weapon is an RPG that fires literal meteors, which mysteriously have the ability to Ricochet and not explode upon impact like real meteors.
- This weapon has one of the most, if not the most attributes out of any weapon in the game, having 6 in total.