The Molotov Cocktail is a Throwing gadget of the Rare grade introduced in the 11.1.0 and is obtainable in the Armory for 60 coins. When thrown, it ignites nearby enemies dealing adequate damage. It has a fast Cooldown and is paired with decent duration.
It appears to be a green liquor bottle, most likely containing a flammable liquid such as gasoline or alcohol. It has a beige tag across the front, with illegible text on it, and a white rag drapes off the mouth of the bottle.
The player throws the Molotov Cocktail from their right hand in an arc. When it lands on the ground, it would explode and emit a fiery radius on impact with a broken glass sound effect. It would burn any player that steps in the radius. The afflicted area will be ignited by flames for 4 seconds. The duration of the flames increases after upgrades.
- This gadget is useful in smaller compact areas.
- Keep in mind that when this gadget hits the enemy directly, it deals more damage than an indirect hit.
- This gadget also works effectively as a temporary barricade to stop/slow enemy rushes.
- Strangely, this has the ability to headshot, severely weakening anyone hit, so use this trait to deal more damage.
- Throw this at a point or flag in Flag Capture or Point Capture to stop enemies temporarily from taking the flag or point. Or using it for weakening enemies armor.
- Throw it at an enemy and when the enemy is fleeing, track them by looking at the trail of fire the enemy creates.
- Use this the same way you would use the Phoenix Blood.
- If you throw it to close to yourself, you will damage yourself. Keep this in mind when using it in close quarters combat.
- Use this in Arenagroup up the monsters then throw this and they will take decent damage then spam a heavy to finish them of
- This gadget can 1shot kill a player with Golden Armor when maxed out with the direct hit and the fire.
- When the gadget is maxed to level 65, throw it directly at a enemy opponent. They will die even if they escape the fire area due to the fire damage.
- Use this when grouped up on then throw it at the person who has the best skill.
- Avoid the arc or else you will receive burning damage, causing you to lose health and/or armor.
- Rocket jumping is effective as it is hard to hit enemies that are in the air.
- Do not step into the area of fire, it will deal burning damage unless you have fire protection.
- Try to kill the user before he/she has a chance to throw it.
- Attack the gadget's users from long ranges.
|Initial Tier||35 Seconds||4 Seconds|
|Tier 1||34 Seconds||4 Seconds|
|Tier 2||33 Seconds||6 Seconds|
|Tier 3||32 Seconds||6 Seconds|
|Tier 4||31 Seconds||8 Seconds|
|Tier 5||30 Seconds||8 Seconds|
|Tier 6||29 Seconds||9 Seconds|
|Tier 7||28 Seconds||9 Seconds|
|Tier 8||27 Seconds||9 Seconds|
|Tier 9||26 Seconds||10 Seconds|
|Tier 10||24 Seconds||10 Seconds|
|Tier 11||27 Seconds||11 Seconds|
|Final Tier||20 Seconds||12 Seconds|
- This is based on the real-life Molotov Cocktail.
- If the Molotov is thrown high into the air, it will actually explode before touching the ground, and the fire it creates will remain suspended in the air.
- It has a hidden attribute, which is Area Damage.
- It is one of the few gadgets introduced to Battle Royale.
- It performs its best in Battle Royale as players don't always have full armor.
- Multiple breakable molotov bottles are found in the Polygon, however they are empty and do not spew out fire when broken.