|“||Legends say the this blade reflects the face of the Moon.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Moon Halberd is a Melee weapon introduced in the 15.9.0 update. It is obtained from the Oriental Lottery.
It is an oriental-themed sword with a large hitbox that attacks players in close range. It has good damage, decent attack speed, and decent mobility.
The weapon takes the form of a halberd in an oriental color palette. It has a green/orange/red pole with a golden yellow hand-guard. On the front, it has a grey/white curved blade head, and a banner (or possibly an amulet) attached.
The player, holding this melee weapon with both hands, swings this weapon so that the blade lands on the player. It can attack opponents in close range with a large hitbox and it can make them bleeding, which means that they can temporarily lose health.
- This can be used to severely damage armored players, leaving them weakened. (Mostly a 2 headshot kill)
- Use this when you're cornered due to its range.
- The bleeding effect can be used to further weaken players, eventually killing them.
- Be aware of flanking enemies, since this is a common tactic when encountering melee users.
- Pick off it's users at a long range.
- Use a one shot weapon (preferably a heavy, like the Big Buddy in short ranges or a sniper-like the One Shot in long ranges) to kill the user before they kill you.
- Ambush from behind to get an advantage in terms of health and armour.
- Shotguns like the Viking can beat its users in close range.
- Use the Singular Grenade or the Eraser to prevent the user from advancing on you. Use a long-range weapon to finish them off.
- The Sticky Candy is a less-preferred choice, but it will still slow them down.
- Pair this weapon with a long-ranged weapon. When opponents come close up, use this weapon to quickly eliminate them. When opponents are far away, switch to a long-ranged weapon.
- Initial release.
- The Fighting Turtle has a Moon Halberd on its back.
- Despite the name, this isn’t actually so much a halberd as it is a guandao.
- In the map Temple of Elements this can be seen lying on the floor in the center room.