The Mooring Anchor is a Special weapon introduced in the 17.7.0 update.
It is an underwater-themed gun that shoots heavy and mossy anchors. It has good damage, a slow fire rate, an average capacity, and low mobility.
This weapon has a brown frame with a gauge on top and an anchor symbol on the lower half on the weapon. The weapon contains a huge silver anchor that fits into the frame. The anchor itself seems to be encrusted with barnacles and has seaweed draped around it. At the end of the anchor, there is a large chain that is connected to what seems to be a reeling device.
It shoots the anchor with bullet travel time and then it comes back at the player, piercing all the players in front of it while damaging and disabling jumps. It has a limited range, like the Pulling Sucker Gun.
When reloading, the player turns the crank located on the side of the gun.
Because of the "Boomerang" mechanic, you can hit the enemy twice, once you fire the gun, and once when the bullet comes back, using only one ammunition.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Mooring Anchor will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
It has good damage, a slow fire rate, an average capacity, and low mobility.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- The weapon is useful for crowd control, especially in Arena mode since the monsters can be circled around to have them tightly packed.
- Due to its limited range, only use this weapon at close range.
- Claustrophobic (tight) spaces may help you easily kill your target(s).
- This weapon is effective against groups of enemies at a straight away. Strafe while firing when enemies are lined up on the crosshairs to score hits on multiple enemies at once.
- If someone is rocket jumping, use this to prevent them from jumping.
- Due to its small ammo capacity, conserve ammo as much as possible.
- This weapon is perfect for countering mobile players at close range.
- Firing the weapon can leave one vulnerable from a flanking an attack, keep an eye out for any enemies at both flanks.
- When a hit enemy is attempting to avoid the anchor returning, keep the anchor lined up with the enemy when it returns to increase the chances of scoring another hit.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- When hit, keep on moving to avoid getting hit again.
- Attack the user when they are out of ammo.
- Its mobility leaves users vulnerable from quicker players, use this weakness by doing hit-and-run attacks on the user.
- When a user fires the anchor, they are vulnerable from the sides. Try ambushing the player with a Primary or Sniper weapon.
- Keep your distance from the user and attack at a longer range.
- Initial release.
- It is the first weapon to have the Boomerang attribute.
- This weapon appeared like the Neon Lightning for players who hadn't updated their game before the Giant Scuba Diver Set came out.