|“||A mixing console can handle a crowd in two cases. As a forceful weapon that annihilates enemies with all kinds of ammo from do to si, and a generator of the best hits of the year.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Mr. Deejay is a Backup weapon introduced in the 10.1.0 update.
It is a handheld DJ board that shoots a radius with musical notes. It has decent damage, a slow fire rate, infinite capacity, and decent-to-good mobility.
It resembles a DJ's music board, except that it doesn't have buttons. It holds a disc, which might be the ammo case. The disc resembles a record player. The music board is white, and the disc is red and black. It also features small details that appears to be buttons.
It is a weapon that shoots a radius with musical notes, implying that it has a limited range and has area damage. It has no difference in Sandbox mode, other than just being harmless to players.
It has infinite capacity and never reloads, so it has no reload animation, other than just controlling the board for every time the player shoots. It has no delay mechanics.
- This weapon is best used at close range with a similar range of the Storm Hammer and the Fire Orb. Try to sneak up with a faster melee, then strike.
- Go for the weakened players for quicker kill registering and a less complicated duel.
- Due to its slightly high mobility, use this for strafing while attempting to get a kill.
- Take advantage of it's infinite ammo.
- Try to stay away from your opponent, and pick them off at long range.
- Try to have a sniper rifle in handy for your sniper slot.
Have a long range weapon.
- Initial release.
- Players in a Sandbox match can now utilize all Sandbox weapons for free.
- The change of using weapons for free in Sandbox was reverted.
- Mr. Deejay got tremendously buffed, taking 4 hits to kill opposed to six.
- The Mr. Deejay made it's first appearance in the Trader's Van.
- This is the only backup weapon that has infinite ammo.
- When used in Sandbox, when used near someone, it says that you're dancing with that person.
- It's bizarre that a record disk is used as the projectile (however, the board might spin the disc at a speed that the disk has enough energy to cut through solid material and cause damage).
- This, the Hockey Stick and the Cupid's Bow are the only Sandbox weapons that can be utilized in multiplayer.
- This weapon could be a reference to DJ School, a game in Rhythm Heaven.
- For an unknown reason this weapon doesn’t seem to affect enemies in Arena, Co-op Survival, and Campaign.