|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
|“||Oh, it wasn't quite comfortable to go around with such a chain. And it is cold as hell. Ice hell.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Necklace of the Ice King, commonly abbreviated as the "Necklace", "Ice King", or "NOTIK", is a Special weapon introduced in the 15.7.0 update. It can be obtained for a limited time during the Christmas holidays in the Armory and in the Trader's Van.
It is a blue "necklace" that shoots a blue ghost-like or ice particle with instant bullet travel time. It deals good damage, a slow fire rate, and slow mobility. It is usually a 1-2 shot, with small splash damage.
Its appearance looks somewhat similar compared to Soulstone, but it has an ice beard and cyan horns. It is mainly a light blue color with light cyan eyes and aqua green details, with a handle in the shape of a bone. Despite being labelled a "necklace", there is no chain typical of its namesake.
- Don’t use against opponents while in the air as you will most likely miss. Instead, try to aim toward the ground in front or next to them.
- This weapon has a small area damage attribute, meaning that you can eliminate multiple players in the area in a single shot. Use this to your advantage in tight areas where many players go to, such as the hallway in Pool Party or Silent School.
- Since its aim is not very accurate in long ranges and is not a precise shot, use this only in medium to close ranges.
- This weapon also doesn't have any delay when switching weapons, meaning that it can be used for Three Category Spam.
- Fire at them from far with some weapon that has reliable accuracy and scope such as Secret Forces Rifle or other rifles and snipers.
- Flank its user(s) if possible, the Necklace is more than capable for long ranges and it will be significantly harder to fight them if you're in their line of sight.
- Use a powerful Heavy weapon such as the Christmas Ultimatum to quickly eliminate its users, if you are close enough.
- Also, a shotgun Primary can be used to counter these users, such as the Viking or Acid Shotgun.
- Equip a fast-firing weapon. If you're not confident enough, equip a weapon that is good for long ranges (preferably a Sniper or Primary)
- Equip a good Backup and Sniper to Three Category Spam, if that suits your playstyle.
- Rocket Jumping can also be useful when paired with this weapon; weapons such as the Rocket Jumper or Royal Ashbringer may be used.
- Initial release.
- Its fire rate changed from 15 to 21. Despite this change, it is still inaccurate as its fire rate is 69.
- The Slows Down Target attribute was removed.
- The Krampus Soul skin was released for the weapon via the Trader's Van and was only available for a limited time.
- It was returned to the community van that was hosted by the developers. It was one of the weapons of the secret van. The Krampus Soul skin came back with it as well.
- Despite its name, the player is not wearing this weapon around your neck, since they are holding it in your hand.
- It looks very similar to the Soulstone as they both have a skull-like appearance.
- The weapon's slow firing rate is based on the Ghost Lantern and Soulstone with the Area Damage and instant travel time similar to the Total Annihilator.
- The blast animation when firing is similar to the Energy Assault Rifle.
- Its slowdown ability was removed in an unknown update.
- This weapon is commonly used among Three Category Spammers.