|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
|“||Oh, it wasn't quite comfortable to go around with such a chain, and it is cold as hell, ice hell.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Necklace of the Ice King, commonly abbreviated as the "Necklace", "Ice King", or "NOTIK", is a Special weapon introduced in the 15.7.0 update. It can be obtained for a limited time during the Christmas holidays in the Armory and in the Trader's Van. It is one of the many weapons used for Three Category Spam, and is a very popular choice amongst higher level players.
It is a blue "necklace" that shoots a blue ghost-like or ice particle with instant bullet travel time. It deals a great amount of damage, a slow fire rate, a low capacity, and a slow mobility of 50, It is usually a 1-2 shot, with a small area damage splash.
Its appearance looks somewhat similar compared to Soulstone, but it has an ice beard and cyan horns. It is mainly a light blue color with light cyan eyes and aqua green details, with a handle in the shape of a bone. Despite being labelled a "necklace", there is no chain typical of its namesake. When the player holds it, the hand is raised and every shot, the player's hand backs up. The handle is a light blue bone, adding a bit of a primal theme to this weapon.
- Don’t use against opponents while in the air as you will most likely miss. Instead, try to aim toward the ground in front or next to them unless you have good aim.
- This weapon has a small area damage attribute, meaning that you can eliminate multiple players in the area in a single shot. Use this to your advantage in tight areas where many players go to, such as the hallway in Pool Party or Silent School.
- Since its aim is not very accurate in long ranges and is not a precise shot, use this only in medium to close ranges.
- This weapon also doesn't have any delay when switching weapons, meaning that it can be used for Three Category Spam.
- Fire at them from far with some weapon that has reliable accuracy and scope such as Secret Forces Rifle or other rifles and snipers.
- Flank its user(s) if possible, the Necklace is more than capable for long ranges and it will be significantly harder to fight them if you're in their line of sight.
- Use a powerful Heavy weapon such as the Christmas Ultimatum to quickly eliminate its users, if you are close enough.
- Also, a shotgun Primary can be used to counter these users, such as the Viking or Acid Shotgun.
- Equip a fast-firing weapon. If you're not confident enough, equip a weapon that is good for long ranges (preferably a Sniper or Primary)
- Equip a good Backup and Sniper That is suitable for Three Category Spam.
- Rocket Jumping can also be useful when paired with this weapon; weapons such as the Rocket Jumper or Royal Ashbringer may be used.
This weapon is undoubtedly one of the most popular weapons in game due to its instant bullet travel and damage, a lot of competitive 3 cat spammers use this in public and private matches. This weapon is the most loved and requested weapons in the game. In fact, not many players hate it because of its damage but because of it’s rarity which is very hard to obtain considering a lot of people had and used this weapon a lot.
- Initial release.
- Its fire rate changed from 15 to 21. Despite this change, it is still inaccurate as its fire rate is 69.
- The Slows Down Target attribute was removed.
- The Krampus Soul skin was released for the weapon via the Trader's Van and was only available for a limited time.
- It was returned to the community van that was hosted by the developers. It was one of the weapons of the secret van. The Krampus Soul skin came back with it as well.
- This weapon was put in the second Community Trader's Van, which was again hosted by the developers.
- Added on the "User choice lottery" but only obtainable in the super chest.
- Despite its name, the player is not wearing this weapon around their neck, since they are holding it in their hand.
- It looks very similar to the Soulstone and Ghost Lantern as they have a skull-like appearance.
- The weapon's slow firing rate is based on the Ghost Lantern and Soulstone with the Area Damage and instant travel time similar to the Total Annihilator.
- The blast animation when firing is similar to the Energy Assault Rifle.
- Its slowdown ability was removed in an unknown update.
- This weapon is commonly used for Three Category Spam due to it having no delays and high damage.
- This Necklace has the same firing sound after firing as Ghost Lantern and Soulstone.
- When you shoot, you may see a black orb in it. It may be in the ice king's city, the possible place of creation of NOTIK.
- Due to it's area damage nerf in the 20.0.1 update, it now needs to directly hit the enemy, in order to deal high damage.