|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is Pixel Gun 3D or Pixel Gun World content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you are looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Nutcracker (PGW).
Not to be confused with the gadget Clockwork Nutcracker.
|“||The Nutcracker! What did the designers do to you?||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Nutcracker is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 10.2.0 update.
It is a Christmas-themed gun that shoots explosive nuts. It has good damage, a slow fire rate, low capacity, and low mobility.
It is a Christmas themed gun that has a red handle, a green muzzle, barrel, end and certain two edges of the Nutcracker's head. It has a candy-textured detail and a nutcracker's head on its back.
This weapon shoots an explosive nut with slow bullet travel time and that acts like a rocket. It leaves no trail but it leaves a medium-sized brown blast radius, showing that it has an area damage on impact.
When reloading, the player inserts a nut on the nutcracker's mouth, then the player forcefully lets the nutcracker crack it. It has no delay mechanics.
- Due to its relatively low stats, this weapon is recommended for low-experienced players. However, its upgrades can make it an extremely powerful Heavy weapon.
- Shoot projectiles when the area is crowded with enemies. It will damage many players because of its Area of Effect.
- Pick off its users with long-range weapons.
- Use the Reflector (Gadget) so that your opponent also takes damage as they hit you.
Equip a Sniper weapon to fend off of long ranged enemies.
- Initial release.
- It was removed from the Armory.
- It was brought back in the Elven Spec Ops Lottery
- The Nutcracker shares a massive similarity to the Loose Cannon from Team Fortress 2; both seem to be cannons mounted on a wooden stock. The only difference between the two is that the Nutcracker is covered in Christmas-themed patterns and colors, and that the Nutcracker shoots a rocket-like projectile, while the Loose Cannon fires physics-obeying cannonballs.
- While it is not displayed in the Armory, it actually has a 4x Zoom similar to the Apocalypse (PG3D).
- The 4x zoom makes it one of the only heavy weapons with a scope/zoom function.
- Although thought to be unobtainable for recent players, a recent update made this possible to get from Event Chests.
- Any player who still owns the Nutcracker will be seen holding a Pixel Gun instead.
- This and the Evil Snowman, which is a reskin of this weapon, bear the same Christmas theme.