|“||You can conquerer Troy or fight Portalius with such a catapult! Powerful shots and easy-to-build construction! No excessive technology or boring lasers. Only Ancient Hardcore!||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
It is a handheld catapult that launches an explosive projectile. It deals good damage, a slow fire rate, a low capacity, and slow mobility. It is usually 2 shots but it can 1 shot sometimes.
It features a wooden body with a wooden stock, a large steel trigger, an orange handguard, and an orange banner at the front.
The top of the weapon features a catapult arm with a black/orange projectile loaded.
This weapon launches from the catapult a magma-like projectile that explodes on impact, and leaves a puddle of ashes on the area of impact. Moreover, this projectile has a looping shot attribute, which means that it is shot in an arc trajectory.
This weapon uses the single-shot system, so it has no reload animation, but the player scoops a projectile and inserts it on the catapult.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Offensive Catapult will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
- Due to its travel time, it is advised to not use it at long range, as it is more effective at close-medium range.
- If your target is moving, try predicting where your target's position will be and then throw it.
- Fire it against a group of enemies to well-benefit from the area damage.
- Make sure to switch to another weapon to finish them off, as well as due to the one-shot capacity.
- If there are any surviving enemies, finish them off quickly with a fast-firing Primary weapon.
- Pick off its use(s) from long range.
- Area damage and shotguns make quick work of users.
- Try avoiding getting too close to the user.
- Strafe while jumping to minimize the chances of getting hit.
- Try and sneak up behind the user and go in for a melee attack.
- Attack the user when they finished firing or when they are reloading.
- Use weapons with high mobility since this weapon has low mobility.
This weapon can be used for crowd control, by weakening groups of players and then finishing them off with a Primary weapon.
This weapon was made obtainable through the "Fighter's Choice" special offer in the Shop section.
- Unlike most heavies, this weapon has larger area damage and the effect stays longer.