The One-Punch Gauntlet is a Melee weapon released in the 17.6.0 update.
The One-Punch Gauntlet appears to be a futuristic gauntlet. It does extreme damage, has a moderate attack speed, and good mobility. However, it differs a bit from what the name states, this weapon does not always one punch but is usually at a 1-2 shot kill.
It features a Robotic-like gauntlet as the fist is red, it has a grey-blue armguard with a yellow circle on the middle. It also features 3 white claws on top of the fingers.
It performs similarly to the Power Fists or Steampunk Fists, except there is only one gauntlet instead of two. When the Super Punch attribute is activated, the player will hold the gauntlet facing upwards, and fire will emit from its palm temporarily, similar to the Gauntlet of Power's reload animation. The Super Punch effect will deal area damage around the player hitting all enemies within it's range, and is almost always an instant kill.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the One-Punch Gauntlet will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
- Use this similarly to the Power Fists but with the Brave Lion's Super Punch ability.
- This weapon can damage multiple players at once with its super punch ability, so use this in areas where many enemies will go, such as the hallways in Pool Party, Knife Party, or Silent School.
- Use the Super Punch from this weapon in a group, but be sure to have hit an enemy beforehand.
- Due to its slower swing speed, try to keep your distance from other fast swinging melee weapons. Only charge in to attack, the pull out.
- Be wary for flanking enemies, as it is a common counter that players will use when dealing with users.
- This has high damage, once the super punch is activated it will always 1 shot
- Just like all melee weapons, use this in close range.
- It take one punch to activate super punch
- Stay away from the user because it doesn't have a long attack range.
- Attack its users from a distance with, for example, the Anti-Champion Rifle.
- The Reflector gadget ensures that the One Punch Gauntlet users are to think twice before attacking you.
- If you get cornered, try to rocket jump around to prevent the Super Punch from activating.
- When caught in a melee battle, try striking the user first, backpedal, then strike again until the user dies.
- Try running and jumping while attacking to avoid getting hit by the user's attacks, especially from the area damage attacks.
- Stay out of range from a user of this weapon to prevent taking damage. Try engaging the user with a Primary or Heavy weapon at medium range.
- Use a 85 mobility weapon to outrun the user(though the One-Punch Gauntlet also has an 85 mobility, so jump around.)
- Equip a ranged Sniper such as the Morgana, Anti-Champion Rifle or Bow Soul Card.
- Use a high-damage Heavy in your loadout such as Proton Freezer or Aboard Puncher to eliminate enemies quickly at medium range.
- A shotgun Primary such as the Viking or Ultimatum can help as well.
- Initial release.
- The Super Punch effect got reworked. (A optional patch was released to make it visible to the user's camera.)
- Mobility has been decreased from 85 to 65.
- It is one of the few melee weapons with a fixed delay.
- Despite its name, it can take more than 1 punch to kill a player.
- When using the Super Punch on this weapon, the hit marker will not show up if it hits an enemy.
- This weapon's name and the weapon itself is a reference to the popular anime/manga series One-Punch Man. The look of the gauntlet resembles the red gloves and yellow suit of the main character, Saitama.
- In the series, Saitama is a hero who can take down any opponent with only a single punch, which made the name of the series.
- Same often goes with this weapon, as it is sometimes capable of one-shot a max armor player with a single punch.
- It shares the same armguard design as the Siege Mode Gauntlet and the Vertical Grip Device.
- It is the only weapon of the set to have a shine in it.
- Its attacking sound has also used as the new battle pass's starting screens.