|“||A self-eating snake will destroy your opponents and steal their souls for you. Great AoE and fire-fire-fire!||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Ouroboros is a Backup weapon introduced in the 16.5.0 update. It can be obtained for a limited time as part of the Trader's Van event in the armory.
It is a fantasy/dragon/mage themed pistol that shoots out fiery particles and deals damage while reloading. It has good damage with strong burning, a decent fire rate, a medium-small capacity, and decent mobility.
It appears as a curved black/orange dragon with orange spines, a black grip, a blue lever, a dark grey tail, and a black head with a fiery projectile in its mouth.
This weapon shoots out fiery particles with a medium bullet travel time that can burn the opponent, which makes them lose extra health for a few seconds. Moreover, one of the unique properties that this gun possesses is that it deals damage while reloading.
When reloading, the weapon will spin next to the player's hand and create a defensive radius on the ground around the user, damaging any enemy that is within the radius.
It gives delay on some weapons that are associated with Three Category Spam like the Sniper Exoskeleton and the Reflector. It also receives a delay if those weapons were shot, then quickly switched to this weapon.
- Target weakened opponents or/and aim on the head to conserve ammunition and less intense duel.
- Use it in close-medium ranges.
- When used with precision and skill, it can kill about any opponents, including the well-armored ones.
- Take advantage of the weapon's Burning attribute on players, since the enemy will be damaged overtime if shot.
- One can use the fiery radius when reloading as a means of defense.
- In addition, it can also be used to counter charging melee users.
- Jump while reloading since the damage radius is created around the feet of the user.
- Reload frequently, so as to deal damage on those within your personal space.
- Three Cat Spam with this weapon is useless as it has delay. But you can still use this weapon alone as it can kill quite quickly.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Area damage and shotguns (in close range) make quick work of users.
- Strafe while jumping to minimize the damage from the weapon.
- Like most Backup weapons, being at farther ranges is effective for minimizing the chances of being hit.
- Flank around the user then use a melee weapon to deal quick damage and then pull back.
- Avoid getting too close to the user when they are reloading, since the defense radius could potentially kill.
- Use a high damage gun.
This weapon can be used as a general purpose backup weapon for any player or playstyle.
- It is the first weapon to featuring the Deals Damage while Reloading attribute the following being Ancient Scroll.
- The weapon was made by RllyGudGuy as part of a weapon contest hosted by the developers on Discord.
- The name and weapon refer to the ouroboros symbol; a symbol of a serpent or dragon eating itself.
- It is also unintentionally named as a city in Ninjago, The Lost City Of Ouroboros.
- In the current update, the pistol costs 2,275 (1,590 when on sale) or 500 .