The Outlaw Catcher is a Special weapon introduced in the 19.0.0 update.
It's a Futuristic-Police themed weapon that fires ring-shaped projectiles which seem to resemble handcuffs. If you manage to land a shot on your opponents it can deal massive amounts of damage (sometimes even 1 shot). It has a small capacity, medium fire rate, and slow mobility.
It appears to be a large power generator that has 4 rows of orange rings, which closely resemble handcuffs, and a battery-like holder at the bottom, with the word "POLICE" on it. Below that, it has 2 sets of wires connecting it to the grip. General design close to that of a shotgun.
It shoots orange rings (mentioned in the appearance section) with rather fast travel time that explode on impact. It has a medium area damage, the ability to disable jumps, but no headshot damage.
The shooting animation involves an open transparent blue handcuff blasting out of the barrel (or where the barrel would be), and once it hits any object (player, obstacle), it will a small explosion with blue sparks and particles appear, and the originally open handcuffs will close.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Outlaw Catcher will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
- Use this to stop users who frequently jump and use gadgets.
- Use this to slow down your enemies, making them easier to hit/finish off.
- Use a high rocket jumping weapon such as Space Disinfector to escape.
Since it has Fixed Delay, it can't be used in 3 Category Spam.
- Try using powerful shotguns such as Ultimatum or Acid Shotgun to finish off your enemies after weakening them with this weapon.
- A good idea would be to use a high-damaging sniper, such as the Fair Sheriff to kill enemies once they are disabled from jumping and slowed down.
- Combine this weapon with another stunning/slowing area damage weapon such as Ectoplasmic Grenade Launcher to create a power combo.
- Initial Release
- It looks somewhat similar to the Prehistoric Shotgun.
- It has Area Damage, despite not being mentioned in the weapon infobox.
- Its explosion effect shows a handcuff.