|“||A sniper rifle of a super-soldier. You will need to rack a slide a lot, but an 8x zoom and a thermal visor that allow you to see enemies through walls will make you forget about this disadvantage.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
It is a grey, special forces sniper rifle that shoots regular bullets. It has a decent fire rate for a sniper, its X-Ray Vision ability is useful to search for enemies in large maps. It deals high damage and its ammo capacity makes it one of the best yet unique snipers in the game.
It is a bolt-action sniper rifle with blue accents. It features a collapsible stock, a black pistol grip, magazine, a blue receiver, a long black barrel, and a blue muzzle brake with a red iron sight integrated. Its attachments consists of a 8x sniper scope, a black bolt a bi-pod, a rail-mounted flashlight and a leather sling.
This sniper shoots regular bullets with instant bullet travel time. It also possesses a 8x zoom optic sight that allows fighting in longer ranges. Moreover, it also has an X-Ray Vision attribute, which allows seeing all players that are behind walls.
When reloading, the magazine from the bottom of the weapon is taken out and is replaced by another.
It has both Input and Output Delay, meaning that it gives delay to some weapons that are associated with Three Category Spam like the Thunderer and the Reflector, while also receiving a delay if those weapons were shot, then quickly switched to this weapon.
- Use this in Team Strike, as you can use it to find the last hiding player in the large map.
- Use this weapon at long distances to maximize the scope's usefulness.
- Be sure to aim for the head to maximize the Efficiency per shot and conserve ammunition.
- When against an unarmored opponent, aim for the center of mass instead. They will be downed in a single body shot, and aiming for the center of mass can make aiming easier.
- Take the time to aim first if locked in a sniper duel.
- In Team Fight, pick off key targets (i.e. Ghost Lantern and melee users) to prevent enemies from getting fast easy kills.
- As always, don't stand still while shooting.
- Keep moving while sniping, since being stationary will make you an easier target.
- It is a low/medium mobility weapon, so use any mobile guns to run away or a heavy to Rocket Jump.
- Try to switch to a area damaging weapon after this so your target will get killed immediately.
- This weapon can also be used for Three Category Spam, although it does have a delay when switching with some weapons.
- Get in close with a weapon with lots of damage. However, if you approach head-on, experienced players can kill you without using the scope. Ambush the user or attack from behind for the best results.
- A fast-firing weapon with a scope such as the Adamant Sniper Rifle will make the most of the weapon's slow firing speed.
- Area damage or fast firing weapons can disorient the users' aim and make quick work of them.
- Don't try to hide, because the player will be able to detect you with the X-Ray vision. Moreover, even if you hide, try running and strafing constantly.
- Jump around to ensure that he/she will waste his ammo or time in an effort to fire at you.
- Experienced users can easily no-scope with this weapon, so strafing regardless of the range is recommended in that case.
Bring close to mid-ranged weapons. Bring high mobility weapons. Use a fast melee since this weapon has slower mobility than other weapons.
- Initial release.
- This weapon, along with its event skin, was put in the Trader's Van as part of the Community Van that was hosted by the developers.
- Damage increased by 23%.
- Its attack speed was increased.
- This weapon is part of the Super Soldier Event along with the Instigator and Storm.
- Strangely, when used in Battle Royale, the bullets have a short travel time, like other Sniper rifles .
- It is the second weapon to feature the X-Ray Vision attribute, the first being the Third Eye.
- There are 7 X-Ray Vision snipers currently in the game, being: Third Eye, Overseer, Antivirus, Spiritual Rifle, Project Marlin, Underwater Carbine, and theHarsh Punisher.
- In the game's code, the weapon is referred to as the Warden.
- When this weapon was first released, the enemy who got killed disintegrated into red-colored particles, similar to the effects of the Thunderer and the Anti-Champion Rifle.
- Currently, it creates a realistic ragdoll animation upon death.
- This weapon closely resembles the Paladin HB-50 from Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
- The leather sling on this weapon is simply a cosmetic; it does not function on your body.
- This weapon is based on the Barrett M107 in real life.
- Due to its X-Ray capabilities, it isn't available in the Sniper Forts map and in the Sniper Tournament game mode anymore. However, Underwater Carbine and Harsh Punisher are still available in those game modes despite both featuring X-ray.
- The skin 'Asimov', along with the 'Storm' and 'Instigator', is based off of the skin 'Asiimov' from the game Counter Strike: Global Offensive.
- This weapon’s default skin is also the Tundra camo for the Paladin HB-50 in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 as a unlockable camo for killing a certain amount of zombies.
- This is the only Sniper rifle to have the bolt pull forward instead of back.
- The "Frosty" skin, is the only skin to not feature the rail-mounted flashlight on the right-hand side of the weapon.
- The reload sounds are similar to the sound effects of Assault Rifle in Fortnite.