Not to be confused with the similar named weapon: the Pencil Thrower.
The Pencil Spear is a Special weapon introduced in the 21.4.0 update.
The Pencil Spear is a Special weapon of the Mythical grade introduced in the 21.4.0 update's "The Author" Event Set for 250 Mythical . It deals excellent damage, paired with a fast fire rate, decent capacity and moderate mobility.
The spears themselves look like large pencils. The pencils are contained in a light blue backpack with a picture of a cat face on it. There are four unsharpened pencils in the backpack. The user sharpens the pencil before throwing it.
When the fire button is pressed, the user will throw the pencil like a javelin. The pencils will pierce through enemies and will inflict upon getting hit. The pencils are thrown at an arc due to the attribute.
This weapon has Fixed Delay, meaning that every time a user switches to this, a short pull-out delay lasting less then a second will player before he/she can fire.
- Aim for the head to maximize the damage.
- Make use of it’s attribute to inflict more damage.
- Do not stop moving when using this weapon.
- The weapon's travel time diminishes this weapon's effectiveness at long range. However, it can be used effectively at close to medium ranges, depending on the player's skill.
- Due to the attribute, it can be used against groups of enemies. Line up your shots perfectly to hit multiple enemies at once.
- If your target is moving, try predicting where your target's position will be and then throw it.
- Using this weapon against weakened players will finish them off quickly.
- Use a weapon featuring the attribute before using this weapon so your aim will be better.
- Pick off the user at a long range.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try to avoid getting into the user's line of sight or general aiming direction.
- Do not be fooled by its looks since it is a throwing weapon, as the name suggests.
- Flank around the user with a shotgun or melee weapon and attack them from behind.
- Rocket Jump away with a weapon such as the Proton Freezer to avoid it's deadly projectiles.
- Use gadgets such as the Reflector or Denied! to make users less interested in killing you.
This weapon works well for a close-medium, high damaging weapon. Equip a fast-firing Primary or Backup to finish players off.
- Initial release.
- If you look at the side of the weapon you can see the letters HB which is the standard for writing pencils.
- This weapon is wielded similarly to the Prophet Staff.
- This is one of the weapons that can be used in the Arms Race mode.