The Pew Blaster is a Backup weapon released in 17.4.0 as part of the Alien General set.
It is an alien-themed pistol that requires charging to shoot green projectiles with more damage. These projectiles have a unique property: turning enemies into beetles. It has high efficiency, a medium rate of fire, good capacity, and decent mobility.
It appears to be a stereotypical space-alien ray gun. It has a lime-green receiver, a red charging handle, a green and purple grip, a (presumably) orange magazine underneath the grip, a gold barrel end, a purple and green barrel, and 4 cells (presumably to shoot projectiles) in the color of sky/ghost-blue. It has a yellow/orange trigger as well.
This pistol's performance is very unique compared to other pistols. It is the first pistol that can turn players into beetles, similarly to how the Witch's Sheep Cauldron can turn players into sheep, and they both render the affected player disarmed. This pistol requires charging before shooting a powerful shot that has the form of a green, electric projectile with a slow-to-medium bullet travel time, a close to medium range and that acts like a rocket. The more the player charges this weapon, the more powerful the shot will be.
When reloading, the player takes out the clip and replaces it with another.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Pew Blaster will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
- Use this like you would the Orbital Pistol combined with the Witch's Sheep Cauldron.
- Use this weapon to weaken/un-armored players, followed by finishing them off with a weapon like the Hellraiser.
- This can counter Rocket Mech, Titanic Lottery Set, and Denied users in duels cause it can weaken their health and deactivate the gadgets effects.
- Keep in mind that the weapon has to be charged to maximum in order for the enemy to turn into a bug.
- Snipe the user from afar.
- Strafe and kill the user with a powerful shotgun, like the Mega Destroyer.
- This weapon has travel time. "Stone Skin" gadget seems to be protected from this situation, Use it if necessary. Stone Skin is in the Heavy Section with module combination.
- Equip a high-powered/fast-firing shotgun.
- Initial release
- It is impractical to have to reload an alien weapon, due to futuristic technology.
- It is the second weapon to be able to turn players into another creature, the first being the Witch’s Sheep Cauldron, which turns players into sheep.
- This weapon is nicknamed "Bug Gun" from some players due to its effects.