It is an arcade themed rifle that shoots large, blue projectiles automatically. It has good damage, a high fire rate, good capacity, and low mobility.
The Pew Pew Rifle has a neon pixel gun going on the side. The pixel gun on the side turns off as soon as you take the clip out. When you insert it back in, the Pew Pew Rifle has a flashing effect before it stays on. The reload clip is based on either Pac-Man or a video game controller. It is somewhat cyber themed.
This weapon shoots out large, blue projectiles that are around the size of the weapon's nozzle. Given that this weapon shoots the projectiles automatically, it has a high fire rate. These projectiles, which have a fast bullet travel time, can have a random effect on an opponent when it affects them: it can either make them poison, bleed or burn (but in any case, they temporarily lose extra health). Moreover, this weapon possesses a 2x zoom optic sight, which allows it to fight in longer range and an x-ray vision attribute, which allows the player to see players that are behind walls.
When reloading, the clip from this weapon is taken out and is replaced by another.
It has a fixed delay input. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Pew Pew Rifle always has a delay lasting around half of a second.
- This weapon can be used for general purposes, it is effective at close-medium range, and also at long range if using a scope.
- Use the scope when engaging users in a long range.
- Strafe around while firing to minimize damage taken.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- It serves as a decent backup weapon for Heavy and Sniper weapon users, and for finishing weakened players off.
- It has X-Ray vision. You can use it to detect hidden enemies behind walls.
- If you are skilled enough, snipe with this weapon to see where opponents are located, and then use a wall break weapon such as the Thunderer to shoot them.
- The Random Effect attribute can be useful for dealing additional damage over time.
- Use this in duels to find your hiding opponent,especially in Ice Palace and Ghost Town,where there are plenty of hiding spots.
- Pick off the user at a long range.
- Area damage and shotguns can eliminate the weapon's users easily at close range.
- When using an area damage weapon, aim at the ground near the user.
- Flank around the user using cover and then attack from their blind spots.
- When the user is behind cover, try flushing him/her using area damage weapons or weapons with faster fire rate weapons.
- Don't try to hide, because the player will be able to detect you with the X-Ray vision. Moreover, even if you hide, try running and strafing constantly.
It is versatile for all ranges and playing styles, just make sure that you have a good backup.
- This weapon is a reference to Pac-Man.
- It is the third weapon to feature an onomatopoeic name, the first being Ka-Boom!, and the second being the Aloha! Boom Boom!.
- Its name seems to reference its firing sound.
- The name kind of refers to meme from PewDiePie.