|“||One of the creations of Block Hampton. Photon weaponry shoots with projectiles which speed exceeds the speed of sound and ignites the enemies. With the help of zoom you can deliver warm welcome on longer distances.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Photon Sniper Rifle is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 11.3.0 update.
It is a red sniper rifle that shoots red burning bullets in long range. It has very high damage, slow fire rate, medium to low capacity for a sniper and slow mobility.
This weapon has a dark red finished body with several bright yellow parts that are similar to the Photon Shotgun. It has a skeleton stock that is connected to the handle. The weapon also has a dark red/bright yellow barrel with an illuminated green front sight and a gas tube underneath. A scope is mounted on top of the body that gives the user 8x magnification.
The player, holding this sniper with both hands, makes this gun shoot single red burning bullets with instant bullet travel time. If the player was still alive after the shot, they would receive a burning effect, making them receive damage continuously for a few seconds. The scope allows long range battles, just like most sniper weapons. When reloading, the magazine from the weapon's bottom is taken out and is replaced by another. This weapon outputs delay to input delay weapons, like the Laser Bouncer, or Christmas Spirit, but this weapon has no input delay. this also has a orangish red scope like the Digital Sunrise.
- The Burning attribute is useful for weakening players to very low health after hitting them on the body. Then an assault rifle such as the Hellraiser can finish them off.
- Be wary of the low magazine capacity and make every shot count.
- Aim for the head to kill the opponent in a single shot.
- When you are in Sniper Forts, this is an effective weapon to use since it has an 8x scope.
- Upgrading this weapon to a higher grade is highly recommended.
- Take cover behind objects as the weapon lacks the ability to penetrate through players or solid objects.
- If you get hit and survive, avoid the player's firing range and heal up using either a weapon with or a gadget with the same effect.
- Strafe and jump to try your best upon avoiding the shots.
- The Photon Sniper Rifle is released into the game.
- It was given an Efficiency of 21. It's combat level was also changed to 10.
- It is the second sniper weapon that has the ability to deal additional damage over time when hit, first being the Poison Hunter.
- It is the third photon-based weapon to be added to the game.
- It is the first sniper rifle with the "Burning" attribute.
- It is also the second weapon in the "Sniper" category to have the "Burning" attribute, the first being the Magic Bow.
- It is very similar to the Elf's Revenge.
- The idea of a photon sniper rifle may have possibly originated from a moderator and two members in the Pixel Gun World forums.
- Similarly, to the Railgun, it has a charging sound after the weapon has been fired.
- In the 16.3.0 update, this is a 1 shot headshot maxed out, when upgraded to Epic grade.
- The level to unlock this weapon had been decreased in an unknown update.
- This weapon is one of the most underrated weapons in the game.