This article describes a weapon, for the module combination, see Piercing Shells.
The Piercer is a Backup weapon introduced in the 21.1.0 update. It is part of the Ultimatum Adept Set.
The Piercer is a Cyber-themed backup weapon that fires blue lasers beam. It has a high capacity, moderate fire rate, and deals high damage with fast mobility. It features the attribute, which allows the shot to go through shields.
Like other weapons in the event set, the design is heavily inspired by the Ultimatum.
It appears as a futuristic, triangle-shaped pistol with a purple tinge and light blue highlights. It has 3 attached blue power cells at the back of the body. On top, there is a holographic sight.
When firing the weapon, a blue muzzle flash appears before blue gas is expelled out of the weapon and quickly disappears, with the power cells pushing down into the weapon and raising back up.
The player reloads the weapon by flipping the barrel open and putting in a power cell inside before flipping it back in.
This weapon has Fixed Delay, meaning that every time a player switches to this, there will be a short pull-out animation lasting less than a second before the user can emit fire.
- Strafe around the enemy while firing.
- Be wary of the ammo capacity, as being careless can deplete its ammo reserves quickly. Try avoiding wasting too much shots against targets at longer ranges.
- Aim for headshots to deal additional damage.
- This weapon can counter weapons featuring the attribute such as the Sly Wolf as its bullets will pierce through the shield, dealing damage to the user from behind.
- In addition, it can pierce through the shield of an Energy Shield gadget.
- The high mobility is useful as a weapon to carry when moving around from point to point.
- This weapon will quickly down unarmored opponents in direct combat.
- The attribute can be utilized to kill players who try to break for cover.
- This weapon is very good for those who are accurate with their shots, especially when using the scope.
- Equip the Drum Magazine for higher capacity.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns make quick work of users.
- Strafe while jumping to avoid getting hit.
- If using a weapon featuring the attribute, be very wary of the user and try to focus fire on the user before they can kill you.
- Attack when the enemy has fired their shot, as they will be vulnerable when reloading.
- Flank around the user then use a melee weapon to deal quick damage and then pull back.
- Like most Backup weapons, being at farther ranges is effective for minimizing the chances of being hit.
This weapon can be used as a general purpose backup weapon for any player or playstyle.
- Initial release.
- This is the first weapon with the attribute.
- Its firing sound is a mix between Ultimatum and Laser Cycler.
- Along with the Borders Eraser and Final Verdict, this weapon is in the "Ultimatum Adept" set.