|“||The plasma disc will put your enemies on fire. In a blink of an eye, the battlefield will be crowded with fiery silhouettes. We drew inspiration for it from aztec mythology.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Plasma Cutter is a Special weapon introduced in the 13.5.0 update.
The Plasma Cutter is a plasma disc throwing special weapon. It's most commonly used in close-ranged fights. The fire rate is good, the capacity is decent and the mobility is great.
It is a reskin of the Laser Disc Thrower.
It has a grey body and yellow/black striped modules on each side. It also features red handles on the top and on the left. In the middle, it features an uncharged disk with a light blue middle.
This weapon fires light blue discs with slow bullet travel time. These discs can pierce through players and make them burn, temporarily losing extra health.
When reloading, the player takes out the clip of discs from the bottom and replaces it with another. It has no delay mechanics.
It deals great damage, has a good rate of fire, low capacity, and higher-than-average mobility.
- The disk's travel time is perfect for a moderate range weapon.
- Try to spray the discs on the target in a circle so that when they try to dodge, they might get hit by the discs.
- As always, try to aim for their head. Most of the time, if you aim for their legs, they will jump over it. So it is easier to aim for the head.
- Fire at multiple enemies at once as there is a chance to hit multiple enemies with one disk due to the “Piercing Shot” Attribute.
- Use the burning effect to weaken enemies, then finish them off with a high damage weapon.
- Keep in mind the low capacity and the long reload time, reload when you are safe.
- If you have high/double jump boots, you can easily jump over them with ease to dodge them.
- If they are really close to you, try to use a melee weapon with good mobility to run behind them so they can miss.
- Pickoff its users from long ranges.
Combine the weapon with a weapon with good mobility to easily maneuver around the map and a long-range weapon to easily deal with some snipers. Bring a reliable Primary in case you get stuck in sticky situations.
- It is the derivative of the Laser Disc Thrower.