The Pneumatic Needle Rifle is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 20.0.0 update. As part of the free battle pass Rank 30 final reward, it is completely free to get and can be obtained by completing the Christmas Rescue Season battle pass..
It is a sniper rifle. It has a fair damage, a good rate of fire, a decent capacity but a low mobility. The Pneumatic Needle Rifle comes with piercing shots, optic vision, and an average bleeding affect compared to the Digital Sunrise and other bleeding snipers.
It takes on the appearance of a crossbow, with two metal rods extruding on each side forming a triangle-like symmetry. The scope has a classic Crosshair print on it, and the needles themselves seem to somewhat covered with blood. It has multiple grey and orange elements embroidering it, and during reloading, the player unscrews a miniature blue canister of compressed air used to fire the bolts at the butt of the rifle and replaces it.
When fired, it has a tiny-nonexistent recoil and is very accurate. Its piercing shots are barely useful though, because its prime is definitely at long range. It has a very large capacity which is ideal for any type of play-style but does not do very good damage without Modules.
When reloading, the user will untwist the used canister of compressed air and insert a new one.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Use the scope at long ranges. Its high magnification makes it useful for precise aiming at these distances.
- The attribute is useful for dealing damage to enemies over time.
- Try strafing while aiming to prevent enemies from hitting you when engaged in a firefight.
- If an enemy survives the shot, finish them off with a Primary or Backup weapon.
- It has the ability to pierce through enemies, try to line up your shots so it can hit multiple enemies at the same time.
- It is recommended to equip a High Mobility Melee when travelling around the map.
- The weapon is useful for outputting more shots than other Sniper weapons, this can be useful to suppress enemies, even against other snipers, behind cover.
- If engaged in a sniper duel, take time to aim.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try to wait until the user is out of ammo, then attack while they are vulnerable.
- Try to rush in on the enemy's position to output more damage when engaged in a firefight.
- Flank around the user with a shotgun or melee weapon and attack them from behind.
- Avoid being caught in the open when there is a sniper, stick to cover and locate the sniper then attempt to counter snipe them with your own.
- Flamethrowers and shotguns can be useful for quickly killing users at close range.
- Initial Release
- It is one of the few Snipers with the attribute.
- Similar to the Fair Sheriff, its Displayed Attribute is even though it's .
- When being fired, contrary to the small plume of steam during fire, it has no travel time despite its firing blast making it look like it.
- This weapon bears a big resemblance to Medic’s weapon called the Crusader's Crossbow from Team Fortress 2.
- But unlike the Crusader’s Crossbow this weapon doesn’t heal you or your teammates when shooting at someone.
- The 4-arrow design at the barrel is similar to the Dater Hater and the Vampire Hunter.
- The shape of this weapon looks similar to the Sparkling Hydra.