|“||You underestimate the vicious force of vine left open for the entire summer.
Kids, alcohol is dangerous for your life. Now you know how dangerous it is.
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Poisonous Vine is a Primary weapon introduced in the 15.3.0 update. It can be obtained from the Halloween Lottery event that included: Halloween Avatar, Poisonous Vine, Ritual Revolvers, and Deadman's Rifle.
It is a purple and green, Halloween-themed weapon that automatically shoots bullets that can poison an affected opponent. It has high damage, medium fire rate (for an assault rifle), low capacity, and decent-to-good mobility.
It appears as a fictional rifle with a purple/green color scheme.
The stock of the weapon has a skeletal design with the pistol grip integrated into the body. The stock itself is orange with an orange top and a purple frame. While the pistol grip is green with an orange trigger.
The main body of the weapon is mainly purple with neon green decals on the upper receiver. It also has a pumpkin decal embedded above the pistol grip, a green magazine with an orange mag plate, and an orange optical sight integrated into the weapon.
The front of the weapon features a grey handguard, an illuminated candle-like front iron sight, and a grey muzzle.
This weapon shoots bullets with instant bullet travel time. These bullets also have a poison effect, which makes the opponent take extra damage overtime for a few seconds. Moreover, this weapon features a 4x zoom optic sight, allowing to fight in longer ranges.
When reloading, the clip is taken out and is replaced by another. It has no delay mechanics.
- The weapon is effective at chewing down heavily armored players.
- Unlike most rifles in the game, it has a slower rate of fire. Try to take more consideration in aiming accurately.
- Use the scope to engage enemies at farther ranges.
- Its scope is only optimal for mid-range because of its low magnification.
- Lock on weakened target to conserve ammunition and shorten the fight.
- Fire in short bursts as the weapons spray increases dramatically over extended periods of shooting. It is somewhat inaccurate.
- Always aim for the head to maximize Efficiency Per Second.
- Its poison effect can be useful for dealing additional damage against enemies and even has the potential to kill them if they are very low on health.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Strafe around the enemy while they are firing to minimize the damage taken.
- Area damage and shotgun users make quick of users at close range.
- Try using alternative routes and flank the user.
- If the user is providing suppressive fire at a long distance, try to avoid the open area and pick them off, or stay out of the open.
- Never engage these users at medium range, as there is where this weapon's uses can be exploited the fullest.
Pair this with a high damaging weapon such as Snipers or Heavies to be used as a backup weapon or a weapon to finish enemies off.
Damage increased by 13%
- Though the weapon was included in the 15.3.0 update, it wasn't until the 15.3.2 update where it was made obtainable.
- It is part of the Halloween Set, along with the Ritual Revolvers and the Deadman's Rifle.
- The weapon is only possible to obtain through the 15.3.2 Halloween event mini games/spins.
- The reload animation is similar to the Energy Assault Rifle and the System Admin.