|“||The Hatred of the Crazy Portalius is eternal. Its shots ricochet from any obstacle, flying until they reach your enemy. Sick!||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Portalius Wrath is a Primary weapon introduced in the 16.1.0 update. It is part of the Portalius Event Set.
It is a purple, alien/space/villain-themed weapon that shoots purple crystals. It has a low DPS, a slightly below-average fire rate, a slightly low capacity, and low mobility.
It has a dark purple body with a grey pistol grip and trigger. It also features a dark purple scope with red lenses. On the top, sides, and the barrel of the gun, it has Portalium Crystals protruding out.
This weapon shoots purple crystals. These particles can bounce off of walls and have a medium bullet travel time for an automatic weapon. These particles are shot automatically from the weapon's nozzle. Moreover, this weapon possesses an optic sight, which allows it to fight in longer ranges.
When reloading, the player takes the magazine from behind the gun and replaces it with another one. It has no delay mechanics.
- Strafe around the enemy while firing to minimize damage.
- Aim at the head to deal more damage to the enemy player.
- Despite not having Rocket Jump, this weapon can deal Rocket Jump Kills for additional points.
- Use the scope when engaging users at long range.
- For more experienced users, you need to rely on anticipating enemy movements, aim to where the enemy will go instead of directly at the enemy (unless fighting in close ranges).
- Use in small rooms because it can ricochet.
- Sneak up behind your targets for an easy kill.
- It is effective at suppressing enemies down tight corridors and hallways.
- Use a sniper weapon or any long-range weapon to pick off its users from long ranges.
- Area damage weapons will disorient their aim and also easily kill them.
- Flank around the user then use a melee weapon to deal quick damage and then pull back.
- Attack the user in large open areas. As it's ricochet effect becomes useless in open areas. Forcing its users to shoot the enemy directly.
- Jump around while strafing to minimize the chances of getting hit.
Have a weapon that can eliminate enemies at long range such as Prototype.
- Initial release.
- It is based on the Needler from the Halo series.
- Despite not having the ability to Rocket Jump, it is possible (and quite common) to receive Rocket Jump Kills by using this weapon.
- This is the second Primary to have the ricochet ability, the first being the Alien Rifle.
- Its bullet explosion effect looks similar to the teleportation devices/effect on many maps.