The Potato Implant is a Primary weapon released in the 17.4.0 update.
It is a gun that shoots potatoes. It has good damage, a low fire rate, average capacity, and low mobility. It is a 2 shot kill.
It appears to be an out-of-the-ordinary assault rifle. It has a grey pistol grip, a translucent/opaque barrel, a green holographic scope, and an absence of a charging handle. It is mainly grey and red, with hints of cyan. The magazine is semi-translucent and has 4 potatoes inside.
This weapon shoots potatoes with a medium bullet travel time. These potatoes have the slows down target attribute and area damage as well. It has the super punch attribute, which means it has the ability to deal damage in a large area after scoring a certain number of hits on an enemy.
While reloading, the user turns the so that the barrel is facing upward and tosses three potatoes inside the gun from the front. It doesn't have delay when switching between weapons.
- The weapon is effective at medium range, however without a scope, it can be difficult to hit enemies at farther ranges due to the bullet travel time.
- When engaging in close range combat, aim for the feet or any surface area near the enemy, since this has area damage.
- Note that the area damage is not as big as it seems.
- Fire upon groups of enemies to weaken them.
- Finish off players when they are stunned with a Heavy weapon or Sniper weapon.
- Strafe around users while attacking and while reloading.
- Make sure to keep its ammo supply up since it can run out of ammo quickly if one is not careful.
- After hitting two targets, the super punch ability will activate, this will increase the damage and area damage of the next shot.
- The super punch attribute will disappear if you switch to another weapon.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Area damage and shotguns make quick work of users.
- Strafe around users while attacking to make them deplete their ammo reserves. But beware that experienced users can anticipate your movements, so move in a random pattern is recommended.
- Wait until the user has to reload, then attack.
- Avoiding getting too close to the user, back off while firing to minimize damage taken.
- If hit, get out of the combat area quickly and wait until the slowness wears off.
- Use one shot snipers to defeat these users quickly.
- Equip a high mobility weapon.Also equip a long range sniper for long-range battles.
- Initial release.
- It is the second weapon in the game that shoots a vegetable.
- There is the Carrot Sword, which is essentially a carrot, but it doesn't shoot since it is a melee weapon.
- It is based on the upgraded version of the Potato Launcher from the movie, Aliens in the Attic.
- It is the first Primary weapon to feature the Super Punch attribute.