The Project "Red Button" is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 21.4.0 update.
It is a veteran themed Heavy weapon that is obtainable via Veteran Chest with 250 Mythical . It features a decent fire rate, a modest mobility and an average capacity. Its rockets are capable of dealing devastating damage.
It takes on the appearance of a futuristic 6 barreled rocket launcher. It has a deep grey base, with a red "LV 65" printed on the sides. The barrel is lined with black and it has a bright red skull on it. The Project "Red Button" has a similar color scheme to the Saboteur, and a similar gun model to Piranha.
When the fire button is pressed, the Project "Red Button" emits a rocket , dealing damage to any enemies that are in its way. Moreover, the player can use it's projectiles to Rocket Jump similar to the Rocket Jumper.
This weapon has Fixed Delay, meaning that every time a player switches to this, a short pull-out animation will play before the player can use the weapon.
- Use this to take out large groups of enemies quickly.
- If your target is moving, try predicting where your target's position will be and then fire.
- Reload often to create a shield around yourself, protecting you from incoming damage.
- Due to its travel time, it is advised to not use it at long range, as it is more effective at close-medium range.
- Use its Rockets to Rocket Jump.
- Pair this with the Jetpack rain down rockets on enemies for easier kills.
- Whenever not targeting anyone, switch to a weapon with higher mobility for quicker movement such as the Double Cashback.
- If there are any surviving enemies, finish them off quickly.
- Take out its user from long ranges with a Sniper weapon, as this weapon it has travel time.
- Take advantage of it's abysmally small Area Damage.
- Shotguns such as the Acid Shotgun make quick work of the user.
- Use gadgets such as the Reflector or the Denied! to make users less interested in killing you.
- Use the Jetpack to give users a harder time hitting you.
- Since it has a slow fire rate, take advantage of these small opportunities to to inflict as much damage as possible.
Pair this with any weapon that has high mobility as well as a weapon suitable for long ranges.
- Initial release.
- Crosshair and scope was changed.
- It is the first weapon to feature the Creates a Shield While Reloading attribute.
- Despite showing when firing the weapon shows all the rockets being ejected it actually only fires one rocket at a time.
- In the game's files, this weapon is originally referred as "Veteran Rocket System".
- It has a unique crosshair and scope.
- It is one of the 6 weapons obtained from the Veteran Chest along with Combat Overlords, Lives Harvester, Thermal Ultra Scythe, Jet Dragon and Sentence.