It is an aquatic-themed/special forces-themed sniper rifle in the shape of a Marlin fish. It is commonly abbreviated as “Marlin” or “Project M”. It has great damage, decent fire rate for a sniper weapon, an average-sized ammo capacity but low mobility.
It appears to be a sleek, navy blue rifle with grey outer designs and a grey stock. The weapon also has red internal designs, a scope with red lenses, and a red trigger. It also appears to have a navy blue muzzle brake at the front of the weapon. The magazine appears to be navy blue, with a red bottom.
When the fire button is pressed, the user will fire a shot fire a red laser blast. It is a 1 shot to the head (depending on armor and modules), and is otherwise 2 shots to the body.
When reloading, the user will eject the magazine and insert a new one into the mag-well. When reloading the scope retracts and goes out again when finished.
It gives delay on some weapons that are associated with Three Category Spam like the Thunderer and the Reflector. It also receives a delay if those weapons were shot, then quickly switched to this weapon.
It can 4 shot clan turrets with the help of Musical Amplifier.
- Use this similarly to the Antivirus as they both share the same attributes, same capacity, and similar laser beam.
- This weapon is very useful for finding out the remaining player who hides in Team Strike.
- Aim for the head to get a guaranteed kill.
- Use this in small enclosures for easy kills due to the ricochet attribute.
- If you are skilled, you might try to find someone using the X-Ray Vision and then switch to a Wall Break weapon and hit them.
- Use the Laser attribute properly, this attribute is similar to the piercing shot.
- This weapon can be used independently, but if you are not so good at sniping, try pairing with mobile primary, or back up weapon. Also, this helps you deal with enemies that came close to you.
- Stay away from long corridors as you can easily get hit there due to the Ricochet attribute.
- Rocket Jump frequently to make it harder for the user(s) to hit you, then use a powerful weapon to kill them.
- Remember to keep strafing when countering users of this weapon, so it will be harder to form them to hit you. You can strafe while using a powerful shotgun to engage them at close range.
- Even in the close range, keep moving around, because it can definitely be a blow to your health if one of the shot hits you.
Carry around a high mobility weapon to easily traverse around the map and finding sniping spots. A primary or backup weapon to finish off the weakened opponent. Also, try the rest of the Underwater Spec Ops set to unlock the full set effect.
- Initial release.
- This weapon is very similar to the Antivirus, except with a Mythical grade, faster fire rate, one shot, and a red-colored laser instead of green.
- This weapon appeared as the Alien Sniper Rifle for Apple and Amazon users for a couple of days due to the fact that Android updates get released earlier.