|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
The Prototype is a futuristic laser sniper rifle that fires a Portalium laser capable of piercing through obstacles and other players. It uses a 4X zoom scope, mediocre capacity, low mobility, and slow firing rate and reload time. Despite it being one of the earlier released weapons, it doesn't have a Gallery description, but it can be bought for 500 .
It is an improved and redesigned version of the Prototype.
It has a golden body, a silver grip with a red battery. The energy source in the barrel is neon blue, with two neon blue spring-loaded rings around it. The scope is golden with blue details.
The Prototype S has a very high damage. This weapon is capable of 1 headshot kill to an undamaged player with maxed-out health and Armor. It has high efficiency, low fire rate, medium capacity, and low mobility.
An effective sniper rifle and an iconic sniper rifle of Pixel Gun 3D veterans, the Prototype S fires a hitscan laser that can pierce through obstacles, which deals a high amount of damage output from its initial level to the maximum level. It has a normal amount of capacity when compared to other sniper weapons, but it fires slower than some sniper weapons. It's 4x scope can be effective at medium to long-range firefights.
When reloading, the orange energy clip is taken out, then put back, then the pink buttons are pressed on.
It has both Input and Output Delay, meaning that it gives delay to some weapons that are associated with Three Category Spam like the Thunderer and the Reflector, while also receiving a delay if those weapons were shot, then quickly switched to this weapon.
- Strafe around when using this weapon if you are in a head-to-head fight. However, as aforementioned, you should stay in one place if no one knows where you are.
- Use the scope for medium or long-range fights. In fact, medium and long-range is the best range for this weapon as it is a sniper.
- In Flag Capture, if your flag is captured, then try to locate where your flag is and shoot directly under. If you are lucky you could get a shot in or a kill.
- Aim at the head for maximum Efficiency per shot.
- To get a headshot kill, pair this with Efficiency booster wears and an Elemental Module to max the potential.
- This weapon has a 6-round capacity, so you will need to pick up ammo and reload constantly.
- Take advantage of opponents that have been Target-Marked by teammates, to attack them through walls
- Be mindful that since the weapon's tracer round has a longer duration, it will be easier for others to track down your location.
- This weapon has a long reload time, so take cover when doing so.
- Move and jump around the user while attacking them to ensure you won't get killed.
- Rocket Jump to make it harder for them to hit their shots.
- Do not move and jump in a pattern as skilled players can estimate your position when firing.
- Take cover, as the sniper's Efficiency will cut down significantly when penetrating through walls.
- In the case that you are critically injured, use the Easy-Way-Out tactic.
- If you are in close range to the enemy, use the Ninja Shurikens to quickly eliminate them.
- Try to locate the player by the origin of its laser beam.
- The Prototype S has a slow rate of fire. Immediately attack the sniper as soon as they have fired.
- An automatic weapon will tear away his/her Armor and HP if he/she miss.
- Try to fight Prototype S users by going in close range and dodging his/her shots with a high-mobility weapon and using an area damage weapon to throw off their aim up further.
- Avoid hallways when users are wielding wall break weapons like this one due to its high damage output and wall break. A good example is the main hallway in Silent School, which you should always try to avoid.
- Using the Prototype S as a last ditch effort if all else fails works as well.
- Ever since the 16.0.0 update, the tracer round's duration lasts longer, so you are able to track down the user more easily. Use that to your advantage.
- Sniper Forts
- Any other long-ranged map.
- Equip an area damage weapon, in case of having difficulties in close quarters.
- Equip a short range weapon when fighting in a close range.
- Automatic weapons to finish off a weakened opponent.
- 85 mobility Melee weapons.
- If you prefer to Three Category Spam with this weapon, use a backup that doesn't give delay otherwise there will be a delay when switching from backup to sniper.
- Initial release.
- Capacity nerfed from 9 to 6.
- Capacity buffed back to 9, later on it was nerfed back to 6.
- The weapon's damage was buffed to the point where it is a 1 - 2 headshot kill.
- The laser produced from this weapon was changed to last longer after firing.
- It was made to be obtainable in the Black Market.
- It's damage was buffed by 20%. Making this weapon a 1-2 shot kill with high modules.
- Some of its parts have subtle Iron Man references.
- It takes 40 parts to craft (formerly), and now it takes 250 parts to craft.
- The other legendary clan weapons are Black Mamba, Mountain Wolf, Electrosphere, Frozen Dragon, and Hurricane.
- It is possible that this is the successor of the Prototype.
- This fires slightly faster than the Anti-Champion/Hero Rifle, with 63 fire rate.
- Its laser lasts much shorter than the Prototype/S and the Anti-Champion Rifle.
- It's shooting sound effect sounds similar to the Thunderer.
- A similar ‘S’ can be found on the Royal Sniper Rifle.
- Strangely, it doesn't have a gallery description yet, despite it being one of the earlier released weapons.
- Due to a recent buff at this weapon, it does more damage than the original Prototype, making this weapon always guaranteed a 1 Shot kill with modules and wear.